Valued Contributor

IMHO:  He is sorry what he has been doing is having the "light" shined on it, not sorry for what he has been doing. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein

[ Edited ]

People do what they think they can get away with and he flat out honestly said that.  It's up to all of us to engage with a person exhibiting bad behavior or not.  

I still don't understand the reporter bringing it all up if it's not current news and/or something being handled privately and not in the courts.   

I am glad to see him suing for defamation to hold them accountable for their own poor behavior.  He's learned well.

Honored Contributor

I started working full time in the 1970s and yes it was pretty free-wheeling back then.   But it was up to the woman to say NO.

Obviously someone was saying YES or he wouldn't be doing it.

And fortunately, I was never so in debt or entrenched in a job that I couldn't leave if I was being systematically disrespected in some form or fashion - sexually or otherwise.

Honored Contributor

I'm not too surprised, and I"m sad to learn this.  He's super talented and has produced some fabulous movies. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I hope he gets what he deserves, but her representation of him has not been a defence. She openly criticized him and shot him down.

His lawyer won't call it what it is, she's calling it "workplace inappropriate behavior"

No, burping in your cube is "workplace inappropriate behavior"

He broke the law, but the rich & powerful are above the law it seems

The rich and powerful are above the law it SEEMS?

I think it might actually BE a law.

Or several.  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

: Harvey Weinstein

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

People do what they think they can get away with and he flat out honestly said that.  It's up to all of us to engage with a person exhibiting bad behavior or not.  

I still don't understand the reporter bringing it all up if it's not current news and/or something being handled privately and not in the courts.   

I am glad to see him suing for defamation to hold them accountable for their own poor behavior.  He's learned well.

@Laura14

Some people do what they think is right, not what they can get away with.

I think there are some of those around, anyway.

Honored Contributor

Re: : Harvey Weinstein

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

@QueenDanceALot  I meant those looking to do bad.  They go as far as they think they can and then wait for the other person to set the boundary instead of having the maturity to control themselves.  

Trusted Contributor

Well SURE he's sorry...sorry he got caught!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14

@QueenDanceALot  I meant those lookng to do bad.  They go as far as they think they can and then wait for the other person to set the boundary instead of having the maturity to control themselves.  

@Laura14

Gotcha!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

From what I read in the LAT today, he is pointing to the culture of the times in earlier decades, making it sound like an excuse for his actions. I don't think that that will go very far.

I did not read about his saying it was a conspiracy of a any kind, but I wouldn't be surprised. There are always such accusations on either side of the political spectrum.

What's particularly galling is that he publicly championed women's rights while exploiting them privately. This is certainly not an unheard of phenomonen, but it is disturbing and, once again, points out the difference between a public and a private persona.

Another good example was in the news yesterday regarding a politician. Another supreme divide of personae that is the epitomy of hypocrisy.

I believe Paula Deen tried to make that argument as well.

I believe Michael Vick tried to make the argument that this was how he was raised, it was part of his culture.

It didn't really work for them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN