Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Groundhog Day 2022!

@catter70 wrote:

I'm a fan, too, as it's also my birthday.

@catter70 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATTER70!!!!  Its also the birthday of my favorite NBA player, the Spur's Sean Elliott--!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

He's so cute, and I always feel bad for him with his confused and sleepy litte face.  

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@Harpa , I, too, had a pet groundhog ( for a bit). My mom couldn't figure out where I was taking food, so she followed me to see and wasn't not happy. She chased him away.

Awww!! Smiley Happy

Our little guy was named Harold. I don't know if he came out when he heard his name, or just from the sound of my voice.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@beach-mom     I have in-laws in PA....maybe I'll get to see them on TV!     

@Desertdi - DH is from there. He knows some of the "Inner Circle" guys!  Almost all of his sisters and their families are there. They have never been to Gobbler's Knob on February 2, and have no desire to go there! When their boys were younger it was a day off from school! 

I've been to Gobbler's Knob during the summer. It's a cold place in winter! 

@Grade1Teach - When my children were little they always took a groundhog figurine or Beanie Baby to school. I always checked with their teachers, and back then when we were allowed to take snacks in, I sent snacks in. Most of their teachers had fun papers to do or books.

The pictures are so cute, and I love the proverb @meallen616 !

Punxsutawney has a weather center and the groundhogs are a big deal. They actually take them to schools and events throughout the year. Groundhogs can be grouchy and they bite, so heavy gloves are necessary. Phil and Phyllis live in a glass window in the library. We know the mayor, who says Phil has a larger "apartment" than his adjoining office! That Phil and Phyllis stay there year round. Others tour!

Every year, including this morning, DH says something like "Poor little guy. He just wants to sleep." Most groundhogs hibernate during the winter. 

Happy Birthday @catter70 ! Enjoy your day and your year!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to you, @catter70!   

Honored Contributor

groundhog pup  Woman Happy