Esteemed Contributor
On 5/14/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Hopefully today will be better than Monday as we lost a bid we put in on a house.

Tuesday my computer died and I had to hand it over to the Geeks.

Wednesday my car was supposed to be towed as it is dead in the driveway. No one showed up. I didn't pursue it as I feel like I'm coming down with the flu (?) again....

Oh and I realized I lost my driver's license and am hundreds of miles away from home. Was going to fly home next week, but now I can't....will have to drive it without a license..

But tomorrow will be another day!

Oh my, I don't know what to say. All of that in one day? So sorry and better days are ahead.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor
On 5/14/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Hopefully today will be better than Monday as we lost a bid we put in on a house.

Tuesday my computer died and I had to hand it over to the Geeks.

Wednesday my car was supposed to be towed as it is dead in the driveway. No one showed up. I didn't pursue it as I feel like I'm coming down with the flu (?) again....

Oh and I realized I lost my driver's license and am hundreds of miles away from home. Was going to fly home next week, but now I can't....will have to drive it without a license..

But tomorrow will be another day!

And your nic Is Lucky Charm! Better change it.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

I sure hope today is a better day, Lucky Charm! That was a bad one!!!

Mystic - I have a niece in Prior Lake - had a funeral for another niece there in Prior Lake who died of lung cancer. Two sisters live in Bloomington. Nephews and nieces all over the twin cities. We, also took some family vacations up north - Duluth, Ely, was to Gooseberry Falls, Two Harbors and Split Rock LIghthouse - wonderful memories. What made you move to PA? Job?

Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

happy thursday photo: Happy Thursday, Thursday, MySpace Comments HappyThursday-Kittens.gif

Honored Contributor
On 5/14/2014 Mistic said:

gloriajean ~ I lived just south of the Twin Cities in Savage. We now live in southern PA. Been here for 12 years now. I want to go home so bad. I have a Son in Shakopee and another in Inver Grove Heights. A sister in Prior Lake and one in Bovey way up north. I so miss home. We used to take weekend trips to Superior often in the summer. Gooseberry Falls, Two Harbors, Split Rock Lighthouse.....

I've been through many of those towns and find it to be a really nice area (although with much more traffic than I am accustomed to here in rural WI). Used to enjoy visiting Stillwater too.

Super Contributor

No rain today. Kind of hot and humid, tomorrow we're supposed to get rain.

Super Contributor
On 5/14/2014 jubilant said:

Happy Day To You, too! It's rainy here in Indiana but finally the grass is green and we even have leaves on the trees. It is supposed to be cloudy, rainy, and cold for the next few days.....good time to clean out closets....and they need it! We are getting ready to have a new countertop, sink, and backsplash put in. The man was here to measure for the countertop today and our sink should be coming this week. I haven't planted flowers yet.....am going to wait till this cold spell passes.....hopefully next week. DH has the flower pots out front, filled with dirt, and ready to go.

How nice jubilant...........new things for your kitchen. What color is your kitchen and what are the colors of your new things? Fun planting flowers. Since I was out of town thinking I would be gone about a month I did not plant flowers and I wanted some mini carnations but I don't think walmart has anymore of them.......they come back each year a lady told me....and they are so pretty......we have a cool chill here also.......I had to put some heat on last night......I like not having to use air or heat and I don't have any ceiling fans.......so I may have to have heat again tonight. But that is ok.

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 AuntG said:
On 5/14/2014 Mistic said:

gloriajean ~ I lived just south of the Twin Cities in Savage. We now live in southern PA. Been here for 12 years now. I want to go home so bad. I have a Son in Shakopee and another in Inver Grove Heights. A sister in Prior Lake and one in Bovey way up north. I so miss home. We used to take weekend trips to Superior often in the summer. Gooseberry Falls, Two Harbors, Split Rock Lighthouse.....

I've been through many of those towns and find it to be a really nice area (although with much more traffic than I am accustomed to here in rural WI). Used to enjoy visiting Stillwater too.

My Mother and one of my Sisters went to Stillwater often to the Antique Stores. A very pretty place. As for the traffic, well...I kind of put that part out of my mind while I reminisce. LOL People talk about the traffic here in "Hooterville" and I just giggle inside. They have no clue.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 5/14/2014 jubilant said:

Happy Day To You, too! It's rainy here in Indiana but finally the grass is green and we even have leaves on the trees. It is supposed to be cloudy, rainy, and cold for the next few days.....good time to clean out closets....and they need it! We are getting ready to have a new countertop, sink, and backsplash put in. The man was here to measure for the countertop today and our sink should be coming this week. I haven't planted flowers yet.....am going to wait till this cold spell passes.....hopefully next week. DH has the flower pots out front, filled with dirt, and ready to go.

How nice jubilant...........new things for your kitchen. What color is your kitchen and what are the colors of your new things? Fun planting flowers. Since I was out of town thinking I would be gone about a month I did not plant flowers and I wanted some mini carnations but I don't think walmart has anymore of them.......they come back each year a lady told me....and they are so pretty......we have a cool chill here also.......I had to put some heat on last night......I like not having to use air or heat and I don't have any ceiling fans.......so I may have to have heat again tonight. But that is ok.

My kitchen is 20 yrs. old. We have honey oak cabinets, dark green Formica countertops, and a wheat colored linoleum on the floor that looks like tile. We are keeping the floor as it still looks good and I have always loved it. My color scheme is going to be green and cream. Our new countertop will be a granite called Green Typhoon Bordeaux. We were going to get new cabinets but it was going to be $7000.{#emotions_dlg.scared} The cabinets we have are still in good shape so we decided to paint them a cream or off white color. We were originally going with Formica but since we aren't buying cabinets...... it afforded us the luxury of granite! I am debating on what color to paint my walls....either a green that compliments the countertops or a golden color. I am looking at either Travertine or Tumbled Marble ( in brick form) for the backsplash. I think I will have to wait till the countertops go in to tell what to do with the backsplash. The countertops are being put in May 28th. I am so excited! Oh, and we are getting a new under mounted sink and faucet in a dark color(mocha) and our appliances were all old so we bought new stainless appliances. My home is country/colonial/traditional so I am trying to get that look in my kitchen. Not too traditional but not too rustic either. It's harder than I thought it would be and while I am excited.....I just want to get it done!