Trusted Contributor

Last post concerned extended warrantee for jewelry!

Esteemed Contributor

One of my orders is still in that warehouse shipping debacle.

HSN says I will still get my order, they don't know when.

They refunded me my entire order for my inconvenience.  So it will be free.

Super Contributor

I shop both QVC and HSN on a regular basis and am happy with both.  I do feel that HSN offers superior sale prices and when they have an item with an extended shipping date, you know that from the get go so it's up to you to buy it or not.  Their customer service has been great from my experiences.  I would not buy their jewelry, except for Jay King.  Haven't been thrilled with that.  But enjoy the beauty products and the pricing.

Occasional Contributor

Had they been honest from the start I would still do business with them but they totally mishandled this mess. Their poor customer service team. I did get them to drop the shipping charge and to ship with expediated delivery once they did ship. I am thrilled with my quilt, matches the sheets I got here perfectly but not so thrilled that I will forget I was lied to for a few weeks before they decided to stick to a story. I imagine they are losing money in droves, likely most that complained got their shipping charge dropped and other incentives to keep customers appeased, but no doubt thousands of people used the charge back process on their cards. I think this fiasco they had will effect them terribly.

Honored Contributor

@LadyCubsFan  I had placed a few large orders with them only to find that I wouldn't receive them until November (so a month later). Had I known up front, I would have bought some items but not others.

What really ticked me off is that they charged my CC, couldn't tell me where it was, was NOT able to refund the money to my CC (couldn't cancel the order, for example) and often was rude. Now, things started to change as more and more customers began posting threads about the situation on HSN as well as other forums. Many who had used a non HSN credit card had their CC due a charge back and disputed the charges. Many filed a complaint with the BBB. Some has their bank open a fraud case against HSN. THAT"S when the attitude began to change.

As of now, I have everything I ordered. I also have more than $200 in Spendable Kash at HSN that CS reps placed in there as "I'm sorry" every time I called plus refunds for shipping due to sizing mess-ups and well...I'm still shopping with them.

Did they screw up? OH YEAH, they did. Are they attempting to make it better? I think so. I don't a have an issue with CS, though; I have an issue with upper management for ignoring the situation, telling lies to customers and being idiots when it came to how their IT department is run. I believe that upper management forgets who REALLY supplies them with their paycheck, you know?

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

But I get the feeling because often it's the first time it's being shown and yet there is a delay.  It's not like they sold out, they are offering it and they don't have it yet.  That's what I'm saying...

If you ever watch any of the QVC jewelry shows, they do advanced orders all the time. They did this especially when they broadcast live from Italy.    

This is different @Lipstickdiva.  The problem they are having now was that craft day items and some vitamins that ship from TN warehouse was having a problem.  People were not informed of the glitches and flooded HSN with calls of packages saying they are in packaging status for weeks.  What's worse was that they couldn't tell anyone when to expect their products,  even when they'd already taken payment.

Sounds sketchy to me.

I don't think that's what the OP is talking about.  I think, and maybe I am wrong, that she is talking about HSN selling items that are on extended delivery or backorder and they don't mention it.

For example, they are doing a presale of the Too Faced TS for tomorrow.  If you go to order it on-line, it says it's on extended delivery.

They are supposed to debut it tonight during Beauty Report.  If it's still on extended delivery, I will bet they never mention that during the presentations.  HSN has a bad habit of doing this.  At least QVC lets you know when something is on advanced order.  

Esteemed Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

The Benefit products sell out quickly, they are cheaper than Sephora and usually HSN offers free shipping on those.

I order more there, than here, never had a problem. And they have have really good clearance deals on brand name leather boots and shoes, you just have to look at the right time.

Absolutely, @nun ya. If you're not in a rush and keep your eyes open, you can find the best buys on shoes, especially Easy Spirits, Naturalizer BZEES Athleisure. Also, women's tops; beautiful quality tops at 50% and 75% off.

I don't buy anything just b/c it's on sale. But, I do see things I will purchase if the price goes down to where I want it.

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone who knew Jones New York, HSN is now carrying it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

But I get the feeling because often it's the first time it's being shown and yet there is a delay.  It's not like they sold out, they are offering it and they don't have it yet.  That's what I'm saying...

If you ever watch any of the QVC jewelry shows, they do advanced orders all the time. They did this especially when they broadcast live from Italy.    

This is different @Lipstickdiva.  The problem they are having now was that craft day items and some vitamins that ship from TN warehouse was having a problem.  People were not informed of the glitches and flooded HSN with calls of packages saying they are in packaging status for weeks.  What's worse was that they couldn't tell anyone when to expect their products,  even when they'd already taken payment.

Sounds sketchy to me.

I don't think that's what the OP is talking about.  I think, and maybe I am wrong, that she is talking about HSN selling items that are on extended delivery or backorder and they don't mention it.

For example, they are doing a presale of the Too Faced TS for tomorrow.  If you go to order it on-line, it says it's on extended delivery.

They are supposed to debut it tonight during Beauty Report.  If it's still on extended delivery, I will bet they never mention that during the presentations.  HSN has a bad habit of doing this.  At least QVC lets you know when something is on advanced order.  

No @Lipstickdiva, that's not what I'm referring to.  I'm talking about pages and pages of complaints where individuals did not get the information needed to make a decision about their purchases.  I understand what an Advanced Order is but that is not/was not the case with what I'm talking about.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I LOVE HSN, they're my go to shopping channel when I'm looking for items. They have FREE s/h on shoes EVERYDAY and they offer REAL sales on merchandise.  Often times they offer free s/h on beauty items and have a WIDE variety of vendors. 

QVC lost me a few years ago with their high s/h charges, LOW quality of jewelry items, repetitive vendors, "new" s/h charges and..low Quality, no Value, & less Convenience.

I do shop from HSN, they have such a variety of products.I even get my laundry soap from them when it is a TS.  It lasts forever.  I had to return one item due to wrong color being shipped.  They paid for the return.  No problem.