Honored Contributor

I know I busted on HSN but I didn't mean for it to become a 'bust on HSN'.  I was curious if it just happened when the few times I've gone to order something or if this was something that's been happening a lot.

I never noticed it before.  Just in the past maybe 2 or 3 months.  Like I said, I don't order a lot from them but several times now the recording says it is an extended time product.  It didn't say when it would come in so I just hung up.  I don't really HAVE TO HAVE most of what I order, I'm curious about it, have someone in mind for it (I like to surprise people) or whatever.   I felt like it was 'open-ended on when it would arrive'.

Honored Contributor

I don't order "must haves" (or clothing) from either QVC or HSN. If I was ordering something for a gift I would order it at least three weeks ahead, probably four weeks. If I couldn't get a firm delivery window I wouldn't order.

I buy gadget-y things and gift-y electronics from HSN from time to time because in general this type of merchandise is more likely to be a newer model and be a more reasonable price from HSN than from QVC. A couple of years ago I bought a name brand tower room heater with remote from HSN that was as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else. Still happily using it - one of my best purchases.

I don't cruise HSN as often lately because the DirecTV channel for it is no longer close to the channels for QVC and Evine, so I don't pass by routinely. Also, for those who think QVC's website isn't browse-friendly - IMO HSN's sucks. I hate browsing there. You almost can't.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Last week and last night HSN offered $20.00 off of a $40.00 purchase or more using Visacheckout. Love it..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Occasional Contributor

I never order from HSN but I fell in love with a 100% cotton quilt they offered. I purchased on Oct 11th one week after I purchased my new bed here and the same day I ordered Northern Nights 100% cotton sheets. My Bed, and sheets have all been here for weeks and the Quilt is supposed to arrive today. It was not on Advanced Order or Waitlist or anything like that. They had a huge issue with their Piney Flats warehouse and thousands of customers who ordered in the first two weeks of October are still waiting. They also do not just do an Auth hold on your credit card either. They take the money before they ship. In my case it was three weeks prior to ship date.  Crazy as I had to call QVC to take my money as my bed had been delivered and the money not taken from my account! I will never buy another thing from HSN, ever because they lied, they blamed it on the hurricane, blamed it on their tracking info not being posted on the site and it was an issue they were trying to fix. Finally they come out with their final story that they had a glitch in new shipment software and process and nothing from the TN warehouse was getting sent out. Who knows if that is even the truth. Shady dealings.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

But I get the feeling because often it's the first time it's being shown and yet there is a delay.  It's not like they sold out, they are offering it and they don't have it yet.  That's what I'm saying...

If you ever watch any of the QVC jewelry shows, they do advanced orders all the time. They did this especially when they broadcast live from Italy.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

But I get the feeling because often it's the first time it's being shown and yet there is a delay.  It's not like they sold out, they are offering it and they don't have it yet.  That's what I'm saying...

If you ever watch any of the QVC jewelry shows, they do advanced orders all the time. They did this especially when they broadcast live from Italy.    

This is different @Lipstickdiva.  The problem they are having now was that craft day items and some vitamins that ship from TN warehouse was having a problem.  People were not informed of the glitches and flooded HSN with calls of packages saying they are in packaging status for weeks.  What's worse was that they couldn't tell anyone when to expect their products,  even when they'd already taken payment.

Sounds sketchy to me.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@LadyCubsFan wrote:

I never order from HSN but I fell in love with a 100% cotton quilt they offered. I purchased on Oct 11th one week after I purchased my new bed here and the same day I ordered Northern Nights 100% cotton sheets. My Bed, and sheets have all been here for weeks and the Quilt is supposed to arrive today. It was not on Advanced Order or Waitlist or anything like that. They had a huge issue with their Piney Flats warehouse and thousands of customers who ordered in the first two weeks of October are still waiting. They also do not just do an Auth hold on your credit card either. They take the money before they ship. In my case it was three weeks prior to ship date.  Crazy as I had to call QVC to take my money as my bed had been delivered and the money not taken from my account! I will never buy another thing from HSN, ever because they lied, they blamed it on the hurricane, blamed it on their tracking info not being posted on the site and it was an issue they were trying to fix. Finally they come out with their final story that they had a glitch in new shipment software and process and nothing from the TN warehouse was getting sent out. Who knows if that is even the truth. Shady dealings.

No way I would I wait indefinitely for an item while you took my money and can't tell me when it's gonna show up.  They charged people. 

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

I order so little from  all 3 companies that I don't find anything odd happening. People who order a lot it appears from their posts are bound to have a couple mishaps here and there.

In the shopping channel world ordering is not as easy as everyone seems to think. They have warehouses of product, but also the vendors ship directly from their own warehouses so each shopping channel does not have total control over everything that ships. When I buy from Amazon many orders say sold by (vendor) and fulfilled by Amazon. I know from experience I will get those orders quickly as opposed to filled by vendor.

I just ordered 2 things from Evine because I used my cc and got free shipping. One was from Skinn and the other was Borghese cleansing creams. I ordered both on the same day at the same time. One is coming UPS and the other USPS. The UPS order is arriving a week before the other one, The USPS one is coming from California. Care to guess which one that is?

The Skinn product must be coming from Dimitri's warehouse and 5 days after ordering, it is now in Las Vegas. The Borghese one is coming from Evines warehouse and will be here tomorrow. 

I ordered Iman's TSV leggings and those arrived 3 days after I placed the order. 

Those 3 items have been my total shopping channel purchases in the last 6 months. So I have nothing to complain about. Nothing I ordered is a must have. 

Trusted Contributor

Just order on line.  No problems that I've found.

Trusted Contributor

Just a way to make more money.