Esteemed Contributor

I don't shop HSN but they had a bad quarter:

The gross profit rate decreased 130 basis points to 33.3 percent, primarily due to a decrease in shipping revenue and, to a lesser extent, increased clearance activity.

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/hsn-sales-drop-3-5-percent-in-third-quarter/

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Agree with the previous poster who said HSN has great customer service!   

Esteemed Contributor

I've always been satisfied with everything I've purchased from HSN. I've gotten some incredible sales prices on Easy Spirit & Naturalizer BZEES. Same with women's tops, just beautiful with incredible markdowns.

I've dealt with their Customer Service and they have always well served.

Their S&H is 100% better than the Q and delivery is much faster than the antiquated 7-10 days. Their packaging is much better.

I just don't have a bad thing to say about them.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla  THat post regarding HSN was made on 11/7; their shipping nightmare appears to offically have begun on 10/4. If shipping was a big issue for them during the summer, God HELP them this quarter due to the fall-out. 

Then again, considering how their IT division failed, I wonder how many of them are still employed by HSN.....

Honored Contributor

For years I shopped only at QVC.  Now I seldom watch or shop here.

For the most part, I think HSN has better brands.  They know the definition of SALE.  If you return an item and used ther credit card, you get your shipping charges back as refundable cash.

Unless it is a new item posted on their website before the first airing, I do not think I've ever gotten an extended delivery message

Respected Contributor

For years I ordered exclusively from QVC.  But this past year that has changed.   I would say most of my orders go to HSN now.  I like their Diane Gilman and Iman jeans and leggings better than what the Q offers, and the Benefits line is a good price at HSN.  When they do a sale...it's a real sale, and often great low shipping or free shipping is offered.  I've never had an issue with them over anything.   

In all fairness, I've never had difficulties with QVC....I just am always on the lookout for the best prices and deals, and HSN beats the Q for the items I'm interested in.

I hope QVC can step up to the plate in the upcoming year and stay competitive.  I won't pay high shipping unless I am in dire need of an item right away.  For my discretionary spending, I wait for the best deals.

Super Contributor

I'm certain the warranty on jewelry is a Gimmick & money maker for them.  

Costco has Davids cookies this year. 

I buy way more at hsn due to sales, coupons & specials. 

I just ordered 2 tsv nfl leather jackets for $99 no tax, free shipping!! They are beyond fantastic!!!  No shipping issues at all. Came UPS fast!  Love hsn!

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I LOVE HSN, they're my go to shopping channel when I'm looking for items. They have FREE s/h on shoes EVERYDAY and they offer REAL sales on merchandise.  Often times they offer free s/h on beauty items and have a WIDE variety of vendors. 

QVC lost me a few years ago with their high s/h charges, LOW quality of jewelry items, repetitive vendors, "new" s/h charges and..low Quality, no Value, & less Convenience.

Well said, I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

@SoX That's pretty much like me.  I didn't order a lot of clothes but some things.  I loved Terri Lewis leather clothes (have lots of that).  I do still buy electronics from HSN but when they talk about a delay I just hang up.  It seems too open-ended.

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

I'm certain the warranty on jewelry is a Gimmick & money maker for them.  

Costco has Davids cookies this year. 

I buy way more at hsn due to sales, coupons & specials. 

I just ordered 2 tsv nfl leather jackets for $99 no tax, free shipping!! They are beyond fantastic!!!  No shipping issues at all. Came UPS fast!  Love hsn!

@adamlambert

I order a lot online because I hate going to malls and it saves me time.

The QVC "sale" prices don't come close to HSN sales.  I already mentioned I ordered an $89 popular bracelet which awhile later went on sale for $29.  You can't beat that, I bought two more in different colors.

I also order their kitchen products which get terrific sales and FREE S&H.  You might want to start checking out their evening offers.  I don't buy clothes there, they just aren't my style.

I like both channels, but from my experience, it's HSN that has better prices and sales.