Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Since this is a QVC forum then why is it necessary to bash HSN? 

@JaneMarple  Because we can!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

..and so it begins.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Kat 213

"but why present an item on-air if it won't be available for a while?"

Q does this all the time = "waitlist"Smiley Happy

@Mz iMac - true, they do BUT when it's an item that is on advanced order because initial quantity has sold out, they say so on-air repeatedly and advise when the item is expected to ship.  HSN doesn't do that, they just sell without a word that it's extended delivery.

Evine just didn't advise either way and you couldn't see what was going on without opening your order status and digging it out for yourself.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Since this is a QVC forum then why is it necessary to bash HSN? 

@JaneMarple  Because we can!

Nothing wrong with "Because we can" but I doubt if they care! @Kachina624

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

HSN offers more of a variety of items than QVC, but I order way more products from QVC.  I feel like they honor what they say more.  

Lately, I've noticed when I've tried to order things from HSN I get a recording that says, "This item is on back order, so there will be a delay".  What?  Who wants to order something and then have to wait until ?? when it comes.

This keeps happening quite a lot lately.  Maybe that's how they can offer so many products.  I don't know but when I hear that recording, like just a few minutes ago, I just hang up the phone.

Anyone else come upon this with HSN?

@Annabellethecat66 HSN is having a lof of troubles with their delivery of certain items that ship from their Tennessee Warehouse.  All you have to do is go to their forum pages and read the horror stories.  They are taking payments but a lot of the time they can not tell people when their packages will arrive.  This has been going on for over a month.

Their President and CEO even made a post there, I heard.  It's a big mess over there at the moment.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I don't order much from anybody anymore because I don't need much....I've got stuff that will be here after I'm gone with no daughter to give my stuff to, lol.  

But years ago, I used to order from QVC and HSN but after Christmas and New Years, HSN had the best sales of anybody.  Good stuff, too, almost give always.  Clothes, shoes, boots especially but household items as well.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I prefer HSN for kitchen products, I don't know why OP is trying to compare them either, shrugs......

Honored Contributor

I buy from both HSN and QVC, for different reasons, depending on what I want/need.  I buy a lot of craft items from HSN....QVC gave crafts up a couple of years ago.  Sometimes their shipping is slow, but usually I'm able to deal with the slowness.  I've only ever bought once from Evine.  Just haven't gotten into that channel.  It's nice to have options on TV (though I probably buy as much from Amazon!).

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I've shopped with HSN for 23 years and find them awesome in every way. That being said, since I retired eight years ago, I buy more from QVC because the items they offer are more in line with my life style at this time.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I've ordered from HSN for years.   I used to order clothing,  especially leather and suede by Carlos Falchi, Sharif, and Terry Lewis (all excellent quality), but not any more ... the chemicals they now use, I guess in shipping from China,  wreaks havoc with my asthma. 

I still order electronics ... just purchased the HP laptop TS this past weekend ... and TracFone once a year to roll over my unused minutes and data.  And I love the Chaco Canyon Southwestern jewelry ... it's second to none.

HSN has excellent customer service ... in my opinion it tops QVC in that department.   Never had an unpleasant experience with them.