Honored Contributor
I am married to a man who talks nonstop. He loves to be around people, and he loves to talk. He talks so much it gives me a headache. I am not a social person, do not like to be around people, and I do not feel the need to talk as much as he does. I like peace and quiet. In this house, mealtime is when we eat, not engage in conversation. I've been married to my husband 40 years and love him dearly, but our biggest difference is his need to talk, and my need for quiet.
Super Contributor
Wow, 4KICKS, we have a lot in common. My DH is 73 and I am nine years younger. His career was in sports, so I never really noticed how "hyperish" he was (like another poster's DH) because he was always legitimately busy. Since he retired a very few years ago, he just cannot or will not stay home and just chill. He does strenuous outside work for us and others, daily. Sometimes I think he pushes himself physically just to prove he can still do it. Honestly he works circles around anybody I know of any age. I have learned to be careful for what I wish for, however, because occasionally he will "crash" a day or so when he just can't go anymore. He will sit and look pitiful and NOT talk. I suppose he is recharging his batteries, but you don't know how many times I've wondered if I should take him to the ER. Honestly. But, he gets better and goes right back to his grueling work. He does get checkups. We get along great most of the time, but that is because when he does want to talk, it is about what HE is doing or interested in. He is just a very complicated man, but we have been together over 35 years. I didn't intend to bend anyone's ear, but it is kinda nice to vent to gals with similar issues. I am fully aware that I will get bashed about putting up with his behaviors, but that is what I have chosen to do. Oh, we were at an event a while back and was introduced to a guy that talked nonstop. I snickered to myself again to be careful what I wished for! Lol. Have a nice evening everyone.
Super Contributor

Demitra, Yes, sounds like we are definitely "Kindred Spirits" !!!!!

In Sunny AZ