Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

I just had to come back to post again.  I stopped again at the store today and had to pick up an item and saw some more yogurts with those coupons and it was such a good deal I got more.  When I got to the checkout I scanned them and set them aside for the attendant to remove the stickers.  This was a different attendant.  So when going thru the process it asked "do you have any coupons" I chose "yes" and it said to give them to the attendant.  I had to make her come over and she said "oh, you're going to make me work for it and remove the stickers?"   I said "sorry but I didn't want to get scolded in front of everyone by removing them for you."  She said "What????"  So I explained the whole scenario for her and she said "you're kidding me."  Nope, not kidding.  She couldn't believe it.

Oh my gosh, talk about bizarro land. Those yogurts must be good though! 

Trusted Contributor

Small grocery store that was close to my office so stopped after work. The self check-out machine froze and wouldn't scan my few items. He began yelling, really loudly,  "what did you do to break the machine lady? Don't you even know how to use it?" On and on....I was flabbergasted. I had a small basket of six items...put the item back inside with the other five things, pushed it to the end of the area so it wasn't in anyone's way, and left. Never went back there. Six months later, the store closed. Karma, baby! 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I pretty much stick with the cashier-manned lines, just because of stuff like this.  We have a big off price section in our market, dents and discontinued items.  Obviously they aren't just scanned.

@depglass , in some areas those are getting harder and harder to find.

It's my understanding our local Walmart might have 1 lane open with a cashier and everything else is self-checkout. 

A couple of weeks ago I went to our Meijer store on  Monday night and had a cartful of groceries as I was doing my weekly shopping.  I got to the registers and they didn't have 1 lane open with a cashier.  It was all self-checkout.  The self-checkout at Meijer is a pain.  They have tiny rounders with bags and nowhere to put your groceries as you check out.  The self-checkout is clearly intended for people with only a few items.

People were very angry in there about the lack of cashiers.  Had I known that's how it was going to be, I would have walked out and went to a different store.

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@depglass wrote:

I pretty much stick with the cashier-manned lines, just because of stuff like this.  We have a big off price section in our market, dents and discontinued items.  Obviously they aren't just scanned.

@depglass , in some areas those are getting harder and harder to find.

It's my understanding our local Walmart might have 1 lane open with a cashier and everything else is self-checkout. 

A couple of weeks ago I went to our Meijer store on  Monday night and had a cartful of groceries as I was doing my weekly shopping.  I got to the registers and they didn't have 1 lane open with a cashier.  It was all self-checkout.  The self-checkout at Meijer is a pain.  They have tiny rounders with bags and nowhere to put your groceries as you check out.  The self-checkout is clearly intended for people with only a few items.

People were very angry in there about the lack of cashiers.  Had I known that's how it was going to be, I would have walked out and went to a different store.

A few weeks back I stopped at Walmart after work (around 8:30 pm) and couldn't believe how many people were there, well I had a handful of items and got in the self checkout only to find out after waiting in line for over 5 mins that at that hour the self checkout were for credit card only (I need to pay by cash), so I had to get in one of the regular lines (they had about 5 open) but apparently I picked the wrong one and after waiting probably a good 10 mins I went back to the self checkout and handed one of the two clerks my stuff and told them they could put the items away as I was tired of waitting in line that wasn't moving.

Went home opened my Target app and ordered what I needed as I had money from several gift cards available and picked up the items on my way to work the next day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have been told that before.  When coupons are only good for specific items clerk must remove them.  Otherwise people would just go around pulling off coupons to use on what they want ...which might be different than intended.  Now you know and will be more careful next time.

@CrazyDaisy   Coupons will not work if the correct item has not been purchased/scanned.

She could not have used a coupon for yogurt on another product or even on a different brand of yogurt.

It will depend on the coupons that were attached, however in this case the OP stated that it was only certain flavors.  These can if removed be used for other flavors.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

If a person comes here to post about a negative experience shopping, then one has not simply forgotten about it by the time one has entered one's car and driven out of the parking lot.

It's ok to vent, although I find some things not worth the time, but give this OP the same courtesy afforded to others who also vent about poor customer service.

LIke calling Corprate at Target.  Just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Small grocery store that was close to my office so stopped after work. The self check-out machine froze and wouldn't scan my few items. He began yelling, really loudly,  "what did you do to break the machine lady? Don't you even know how to use it?" On and on....I was flabbergasted. I had a small basket of six items...put the item back inside with the other five things, pushed it to the end of the area so it wasn't in anyone's way, and left. Never went back there. Six months later, the store closed. Karma, baby! 

@Duckncover   So now you feel vindicated.

"Karna" has nothing to do with this.

You do not know why the store closed.  A variety of reasons - illness, death, etc.

It has nothing to do with your experience.  Just not that important.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

That's sad to hear. Perhaps it was a voluntary closing.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky