Honored Contributor

Yes, even Costco.  Unsalted Hoody's peanuts I buy for birds usually 4.00   Now 6.99  and many other items.  Mind you 6.99 is still reasonable for that huge bag.....but prices do go up   If they didn't raise prices, they cut size down.  Deli premade salads at Raleys same price, smaller bowl.  In one week.   I still had one from old batch.  Paper product up  produce holding steady  juices up

Respected Contributor

Yes this is the new normal, do we stock up? who knows but this virus got all of us insane, I am very slowly getting some things here and there. Thinking winter we may not see it. Hope I am wrong. 

Respected Contributor

I wish I knew.  We're all over the place.  It's just the two of us and a couple of recent months our monthly grocery costs were between $800-1,000.   This month we're at $500 with a week to go.  That does include my beer and wine.   Smiley Happy

We've been working on changing our eating habits and what we eat.   Way less meat, better food (no GMO, more organic etc), eliminating foods for DH (kidney stones) , foods that help lower my higher LDL.    We'll see what it looks like Sept. 1

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Yes this is the new normal, do we stock up? who knows but this virus got all of us insane, I am very slowly getting some things here and there. Thinking winter we may not see it. Hope I am wrong. 

@sissel  Over the weekend, I heard one expert on the news say he doesn’t think we will have a second wave, actually no waves. It is just here to stay. It isn’t going anywhere. We need to learn to live with it. 

He is probably one of the more honest people in his predictions at this point. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I guess it depends on what you buy.  I have not noticed price increases... even chicken breast is still $1.99 a pound at Fred Meyer. 

@SeaMaiden   I paid $5.99 for chicken breasts and that was the best price i found. 

@panda1234   even for store brand?  

@SeaMaiden   No, only Perdue. I had a bad experience with the store brand, very rubbery texture.