Honored Contributor

@Sooner   We need our youth back!  And our buck!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Sooner   We need our youth back!  And our buck!

@Laura14 No, I'm fine with being old now!  And go back to 1984?  Not me!  NO sir!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Oh come on!  Ghostbusters and Purple Rain tickets are on me.  Smiley LOL  Now where is my neon...

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Sooner   Oh come on!  Ghostbusters and Purple Rain tickets are on me.  Smiley LOL  Now where is my neon...

@Laura14 You are forgetting:  Perms for the hair; fake nails, suits and dresses to work every day; panty hose every day; heels every day.  Occasions at night?  Long dresses and tuxedos.

My husband STILL has a tux from those days and can STILL wear it.  I think in most states that is a reason for divorce!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Okay but you understand you could trade him in for the soon to be future male celebrity of your choice, right?  Coming from the future has its perks.    Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Sooner   Okay but you understand you could trade him in for the soon to be future male celebrity of your choice, right?  Coming from the future has its perks.    Smiley Wink

@Laura14 Fortunately I would NOT trade him for anything I've seen in the future!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Awww, glad you got a good one.  Heart 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen increases in what I buy but my bill is always higher because I go to the market less often.

I have noticed gas prices going up.  It was down to like $1.39 and it's up to $1.99, with some stations over $2.00.

Honored Contributor

Around here, prices are up on some things, like meat, but in other things, prices aren't so much increased, as they just aren't having the good sales they did before Covid. 

In my area for the last year (prior to Covid), sales in the grocery were, overall, amazing. I was stocking so many things at such rock bottom prices. Not everything every week, of course, and some weeks, nothing really to write home about. But I know my prices for my area, and there were tons of loss leader sales with prices lower than I'd seen them, or as low as, a decade or more ago. And the sales were frequent on many things, repeated every few weeks. 

Club Crackers $1.69 a box (and a host of others like Townhouse varieties, and lots of the cracker/chips), Lysol wipes 89 cents a tub (and the kitchen spray as well), can you imagine running up on that sale right now? LOL Canned Progresso soups for 90 cents, boxes of General Mills and Kellog's cereals for 99 cents, Jiff and store brand peanut butter 90 cents for a 16 oz. jar, flour and sugar $1 or under for five pounds, and so much more, with no limits. These sales and many other things just repeated every six weeks or so. 

And the staples, like milk was easily found for around $1 a gallon, eggs at 59 cents a dozen, sometimes even the jumbo size eggs. 

Today what I see in the stores is that the sales just aren't as good. The ads are back, with lots of pages, but the prices are closer to the old 'regular' prices than what would have been a sale price before this whole thing started.

Fresh produce has been the exception. It's been very plentiful, very good quality and reasonably cheap. 

Honored Contributor

Prices in my state have gone up 15% to 20% for almost everything.  I had to find a different way to shop.  I can't afford my favorite grocery store anymore - I'm retired and on a fixed income.

As much as I don't like WalMart, I've had to start shopping there. I pay $12.99 a month and get free deliveries...as many as I want. It doesn't take much to save $25-$30 a month compared to my regular grocery store so paying that monthly fee still ends up getting me ahead.  

I still use online ordering for most of my produce and meat from my favorite grocery store because of the distinct difference in quality.  I can drive up to for those orders.