Respected Contributor

We went out for dinner! 3 times!

Restaurants by me opened for outdoor dining last week.  We hit up our three favorite places on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I have never felt happier or more hopeful in my life!  We are big on dining out, it's very important for our happiness in life.  It was so good to see all the staff and owners/managers again. They gave us such a warm welcome back. They were all in such great spirits.  I felt so NORMAL for the first time in months.  We could be out around others without a face mask on.  It honestly felt so natural and like we had never been away.  This is such a great development in the reopening of my area.  I hope it stays like this.  It's funny when I took out my summer sandals three weeks ago, I left all the dressy ones in storage figuring we'd never be able to go out and now I have to dig them out!  Because I'll have plenty of places to wear them now.

Honored Contributor

Re: We went out for dinner! 3 times!

@Grouchomarx If it's not too personal, what state are you in? If you don't want to say, that's fine too. Just curious.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Lucky you!  We can't wait for the restaurants to reopen.  Takeout is just not the same.  Some outdoor dining is being allowed now but I don't see the problem opening up restaurants that take reservations and can control the number of people dining.  Hopefully, by July???

Respected Contributor

I have always felt normal without going out to eat.

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean.....can't wait to get back to "normal" again.  Been a long time coming.  Enjoy your moments.

Esteemed Contributor

We're in Arizona and pretty much all restaurants are open for inside and outside dining. It's much to hot to eat outside so most people are eating inside. They have been spacing out tables, wiping things down, servers wearing masks etc, now the under 25 bar scene is a totally different scenario. Those are packed, no social distancing, no masks. 

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx I know exactly what you mean as I love to eat out as well and it's great to be able to do that again.  Plus I hate to cook.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Places opened today in my town for the first time.  I went to a Hallmark store and you of course have to wear a mask, they provide gloves and hand sanitizer if you want or need either.  They are well prepared and keeping social distancing also with customers.  It went very well and no one had a problem following the rules.  

I also saw outside diners as I drove home, the tables spaced properly so no one was very close to anyone else at another table.  

I am glad you had a enjoyable dinner out and a happy time, Grouchomarx!  As long as stores and restaurants follow the rules of safety and masks worn, I will venture out if necessary.  But for those places who open without any restrictions I will avoid and not support.  I know the pandemic isn't over and there is still a chance of it spiking, I will use common sense and caution for my safety and others. Baby steps for me.

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

We're in Arizona and pretty much all restaurants are open for inside and outside dining. It's much to hot to eat outside so most people are eating inside. They have been spacing out tables, wiping things down, servers wearing masks etc, now the under 25 bar scene is a totally different scenario. Those are packed, no social distancing, no masks. 

I sincerely hope you are not in Maricopa county. I just read the AZ numbers are spiking

From AZ Business news:

https://azbigmedia.com/business/covid-19-cases-in-arizona-surpass-37000-deaths-approach-1200/

The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) confirmed  Monday, June 15, there have been 37,705 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Arizona. That total represents an increase of 1,014 new cases since yesterday. Maricopa County — with 19,372 cases — has the greatest number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Arizona.

Respected Contributor

@lianne wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I sincerely hope you are not in Maricopa county. I just read the AZ numbers are spiking

From AZ Business news:

https://azbigmedia.com/business/covid-19-cases-in-arizona-surpass-37000-deaths-approach-1200/

The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) and Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) confirmed  Monday, June 15, there have been 37,705 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Arizona. That total represents an increase of 1,014 new cases since yesterday. Maricopa County — with 19,372 cases — has the greatest number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Arizona.

I read there was only 1 additional hospitalization with all of the additional testing there.