Honored Contributor

I guess it was inevitable, but boy did I notice the increase in food prices this morning !  Usually it's a few cents here and there, not really noticeable, but it seemed most everything I purchased today was a lot higher in price. Well, at least I got everything on my list , sigh. 😟

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Nope, I haven't noticed an increase in grocery prices but I have noticed still a LOT of empty shelves!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes, stores say their operating costs have increased because of the pandemic, so higher prices can be expected.  I don't buy meat, so am probably protected from the worst shocks.

Respected Contributor

I was in ShopRite this morning and the meat prices were sky high.  Maybe because Fathers Day is close and barbecues are the norm?   Large family packs of chicken were reasonable but I prefer smaller packages.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: $ Groceries $

[ Edited ]

I'm pescatarian so I don't eat meat , but the rest of my family has been complaining about the increase in price of chicken, and steak. I've noticed a slight increase in seafood prices, and brown cage-free eggs, and am not happy. I'm just crossing my fingers it does not get worse.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I guess it depends on what you buy.  I have not noticed price increases... even chicken breast is still $1.99 a pound at Fred Meyer. 

Valued Contributor

I have noticed this the last few weeks. Not doing well to my budget.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I hadn't shopped much for several weeks as I worked to transition from south to north, but I know I paid way more for chicken and cereal than I had some weeks ago.   

I usually buy store brand plain mini shredded wheats; paid 2.99 for those last time and this week had to buy Post at 4.79.  Happy I'm feeding just me for those.

Did find level prices for most of the perishables I wanted.

Esteemed Contributor

Still missing at my Stop & Shop..Many varieties of Campbell's soups including my favorite Tomato Rice. The soup shelves look anemic.

Honored Contributor

If it were only meat, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned it. It was nearly everything.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan