Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Surely you have a friend or relative who could help out. Or hire someone. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Or use Instacart as someone suggested. If you belong to a house of worship, ask someone there to help you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Instacart will shop at Costco for you, and you dont even have to be a member.....Apparently Instacart & Costco made that deal.....

I can't get a time slot in my area, so I have to put on a mask, and gloves, and go myself. I think that does a dis-service to members of Costco. We should get first priority with delivery times.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

@Mary in MO That's a nasty comment to make to a single mom. Shame on you.

I reported it, so sue me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Having been a single mom for many years (long ago), what would you have a single parent do?  Leave the kiddo(s) at home alone?

@Imaoldhippie    find a sitter... or have things delivered if you just have no one to watch the kids. 

@SeaMaiden,  find a sitter like in bring an outsider into your home?  As to have things delivered unless I can find what I want where UPS, FedEx or USPS delivers I'd starve if I didn't first expire due to lack of medication.  No exaggeration.  I can't even get a pizza delivered by Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's or any of the mom and pop pizza shops.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good For Costco!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Imaoldhippie Surely you have a friend or relative who could help out. Or hire someone. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.

Or use Instacart as someone suggested. If you belong to a house of worship, ask someone there to help you.

Costco, and other retailers have made a good move with these new guidelines for shopping, however now people are lining up outside and standing close together. They showed it on the news. 
Instacart might be a problem for some, because it is more expensive. 
I feel bad for single mother's out there, because having a friend or relative, and asking for help from a house of worship would be out of the question during a quarantine.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's wonderful that Costco has established guidelines to benefit ALL customers, as have several other major retailers like Walmart. 

During this pivotal time in our history when anxiety is at an all-time, critical high, it might be difficult for some single parents to find someone WILLING to watch children, because of the high potential for them to SPREAD the virus. Some parents have no choice but to take their children with them to the market, and hopefully practice social distancing as most RESPONSIBLE people do.😊

~~~Alll we need is LOVE and HUGS today💖🤗

Honored Contributor

I'd rather Walmart do this instead of having people wait outside to get inside the place.  I was outside for 25 minutes waiting to get in.  They let one person in at a time and waiting for someone to leave. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden ......no going to anyones house so no sitter.  There are lots of people that live in the country so no deliveries.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

They ought to ban men too.  They can go completely stupid when behind a grocery cart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids ...............Im not a single mom now that was in the distant past.  A lot of people assume everyone lives in a city and has all the conviences at their finger tips, but  country living people cant get deliveries.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway.  I dont think kids should be in stores either, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)