Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gonna be longer than I thought

[ Edited ]

I checked my parish website. Many people have died in a short time. This was very disturbing. 

The church was open for 2 hours of private pray last week, and may have weekday mass with social distanting this week. People like me in a high risk group are not welcome. 

There are many churches in my area that have live streaming services on Facebook.

It will take all of us to reach a new normal. 

Honored Contributor

@prettychris. Harder to do social distancing on church and salons (hairdressers & patron) than in WalMart.
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

All this talk about a bunch of people being exposed to the virus at churches, hair salons etc never seems to include Walmart and grocery stores. Makes me wonder why not. I know my local sushi place came out and said one of the employees had the virus and some people may have been exposed. Of course they weren't open for dining in.I really wonder how many people have been exposed at stores. It's not like it's not happening just no one is telling us these stats. 

@Lali1   Churches and hair salons may be more risky than stores. At stores people are walking, getting groceries and leaving. They might pass by a person with the virus but quickly. People are sitting in one place for an hour or more at churches and salons. If someone close to them has COVID-19 there is more time for exposure.

Honored Contributor

My hope is that when the churches begin to open for services, that they will still continue the live stream mass for those of us who should not attend in person.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

I checked my parish website. Many people have died in a short time. This was very disturbing. 

The church was open for 2 hours of private pray last week, and may have weekday mass with social distanting this week. People like me in a high risk group are not welcome. 

There are many churches in my area that have live screaming services on Facebook.

It will take all of us to reach a new normal. 

@Nuttmeg 

Well auto correct just gave me my laugh of the day as I pictured your screaming services! 🥴

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@pommom i’m sorry you all will miss the comfort that comes with community but I so agree with your Bishop and you that the decision makes sense. 

Trusted Contributor

my church is open, but only up to 25%. does that mean i drive all the way there only hoping to get in? no thanks. they'll start streaming the mass, which i think is a great idea. i'll wait for that. for now, we listen to the pope's mass every sunday. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Sorry you will being missing seeing and talking with everyone.

I woke up to another email from a class I do.  It is so hard to feel that everyone has cooties and needs to be shunned.  Everyone!  Even me!  This is not how humans should live.   

@Still Raining  I know what you mean! I feel like I am not “trusting” people by keeping my distance and wearing a mask. But that is incorrect thinking and I am working hard to change it. I trust people; it is the virus I don’t trust. It could have infected anyone. And wearing a mask is because I care for others and don’t want to risk infecting them if I have somehow been infected myself. 

Well-expressed. and I agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

All this talk about a bunch of people being exposed to the virus at churches, hair salons etc never seems to include Walmart and grocery stores. Makes me wonder why not. I know my local sushi place came out and said one of the employees had the virus and some people may have been exposed. Of course they weren't open for dining in.I really wonder how many people have been exposed at stores. It's not like it's not happening just no one is telling us these stats. 

@Lali1, I'm sure tons of people who get the virus are not sure where they picked it up. So we just have to consider the individual setting as to its risks. We're getting groceries delivered, but on a couple occasions I've gone to the market. I will not go to my salon anytime soon, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Lali1 

That is why I have my groceries and other items delivered.  Less exposure.