Esteemed Contributor

Re: Going For Drive During Stay At Home Order.

@CANDLEQUEEN   PA's reason is walking is for exercise and a drive isn't.

Well, at the there is less wear and tear on our vehicles.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It seems as though some of these towns are carrying the stay at home order a little too far.

@CelticCrafter 

Well, people wanted a police state.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I am not aware of any rule or law in my comunity that states I cannot drive alone on state roads as long as my windows in my car are shut.  I have not been out of my house except for grocery pickup about three  times since March 13. I live alone and no one, family or friend has  been in my house.  I undertand the importance of quarantine and the respect for others.  I do not enter or exit my car until I am home in my own garage.  I cannot see where this is detrimental to others.  More detrimental is walking since you may meet someone along the way.  I do not meet people while I am driving my car and have no information that people who do so have been acosted by police in my area. Perhaps your state PA is on total lockdown which is the reason for no driving on roads.

Respected Contributor

How big is your car?

If I'm driving and someone is in the passenger seat, we are not 6 feet apart.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

How big is your car?

Did someone say she's picking up hitchhikers?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

How big is your car?

if it is someone you are already quarantined with does it really matter that the distance is not six feet?

are all couples no longer sleeping together?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm in PA too and honestly not going to worry about it. 

If I should get stopped I'll just say I'm on the way to pick up some essentials...farm markets are still open (some with curbside pick up) near me including the supermarkets and Home Depot (which surprises me).

Valued Contributor

At this point if they said to just stay in your closet I'd do it. Anything to end this sooner.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  This made me chuckle, but also agree!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@tobes  Not sure where you are but PA State Police do not stop you andquestion you.

However, if you are just out for a drive and you get stopped for speeding or another violation they can ask. Then they can add a stay at home violation as a second offense.

Respected Contributor

I would think it depends on the excutive orders that have been given for your state.  I see that you were able to see that going for a drive isn't allowed in your state, so good you found out before you went out driving.  LOL!

The thing that most work with is to try and put orders out that are the least punitive for the impacted population at the time.  Then depending on community spread or adherence to the executive order they may step up with more restrictions as they see are warranted for that state or county at the time.

The thing is.....it is working in many areas. And we have seen it work in other countries out there,so they set an example for us.  It doesn't work overnight, but it does start to stablize the numbers with the particular incubation period of this virus.  So hang in there!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *