Respected Contributor

Re: Go to proboards dot com and start another community

@Mindy D wrote:

@On It @You don't need to know much. See the section on the home page titled, Features. The proboards does almost all the tech. 

I could screw up an anvil if it were involved with a computer. It took me most of yesterday to find the banner about closing the forums. My skills are very limited. It looks like a simple enough procedure. I hope someone who is tech savvy will take charge and see what they can do.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

These never seem to work out because there needs to be moderation. It ends up being an unmoderated mess.

@JJsMom   Whoever sets up on ProBoards can assign moderators from the group.

However, that turned into a disaster on another site, which will not be named.

It turned out if you disagreed with the political slant you were banned.  Some of the nicest posters here were booted.

I left because of a certain person.  Not worth getting into.  I just considered the source.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I will have time after surgery to give it a try but I would need to know  if there would be a good variety of folks from here going over to there.

Fair and inclusive unlike some other sites.

Any suggestions for a name for the group?  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Mellyg  I don't know how much help I might be, but feel free to give me a shout out if you wish. The pro boards options, on the face of it, does look more viable than the alternatives discussed so far and, like so many others, would love to see a presence remain without having arms twisted to join Facebook, which many clearly don't want to do. As might have been anticipated, QVC's management of this has been clumsy and unconscionable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

These never seem to work out because there needs to be moderation. It ends up being an unmoderated mess.

It turned out if you disagreed with the political slant you were banned.  Some of the nicest posters here were booted.

I left because of a certain person.  Not worth getting into.  I just considered the source.

Exactly. There's the issue of people forming cliques and moderating unevenly, or the political agenda. I have zero interest in other boards moderated by posters here (no offense Smiley LOL).

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I would be intersted to join.  Like many of you I'm not computer savvy at all so I can't see me starting this.

However I will try to keep this thread going....will come back later for a bump to see if there is someone who might be willing.

I agree about "Wisteria Lane". I signed up but it sure seems a bit cumbersome to navigate.

Trusted Contributor

A lot of those QVC FB sites have one huge problem...the moderation. The person(s) who began the group get together and suddenly power overcomes them. Power from a FB group? Yep. It's not only agreeing w/them w/subjects like religion and politics, it includes designers, fashions, etc. If anyone complains, they're told that they're supposed to love QVC. I don't know if this is the group that QVC recommends but at least one of them says this. I don't post there anymore bc it's too moderated. Wherever we go, moderators will be the real problem.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  I was thinking the Q's management's decision more along the lines of the epitome of ignorance and stupidity.  

Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

Exactly. There's the issue of people forming cliques and moderating unevenly, or the political agenda. I have zero interest in other boards moderated by posters here (no offense Smiley LOL).

@JJsMom   I think there is a poster here that would be a fair moderator and do a good job. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

A Forum moderated by another poster? I've been on one of those (the offshoot from here) and it's fine and fun for awhile.

Until it gets ugly and then hope that the moderators agree with your opinion and/or are friends.