Honored Contributor

Go to proboards dot com and start another community

[ Edited ]

Go to proboards dot com and start another community. The proboards is the largest place you can start your own forum. Anyone here that wants to can start a new forum there. Take a look at the site. There's a page that explains all the services you get when you put your community there. The service is FREE. For all the site does for any board, look on the home page under the heading, Features. The site does so much. It's well organized. Many benefits. They take care of all the tech too.

Valued Contributor

Re: Go to proboards dot com and start another community

I have put considerable thought into this.

It seems as though FB isn't a viable option for many (I agree for various reasons.

Wisteria Lane is being gracious and is appreciated. However, the learning curve and the "clumsy" layout may be less than ideal (compared to what we are used to).

I would be willing to work diligently to get a new board started with as close to as similar of a layout as possible. I have so,e resources to contribute. However, cannot do so alone in a prompt/timely manner.

would anyone be interested in putting some time/brainstorming together to get something going?

Honored Contributor

@Mellyg @Please take a look at the proboards.you could do this there with very little effort. On the proboards dot com, see the heading titled Features. You'll see how much is done there that you would not have to do. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D , you are one of the perfect people to do this,we should stay with our usernames we have here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I just looked st that web page and it looks like a good solution.  I didn't get into the details but don't we need a moderator or someone to organize it

Respected Contributor

These never seem to work out because there needs to be moderation. It ends up being an unmoderated mess.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @I'm sorry, but I am not up to this. I hope someone else is. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Go to proboards dot com and start another community. The proboards is the largest place you can start your own forum. Anyone here that wants to can start a new forum there. Take a look at the site. There's a page that explains all the services you get when you put your community there. The service is FREE. 

I looked at proboards. The site looks ideal for our purposes. Since I know very little about computers, navigating the web, and organizing data, I would not be able to help set up a new forum but I would certainly want to join.

Would some of you who know about such things take a look? Is this a choice that could work like our current forums? If the setup could duplicate this arrangement, it would make a much smoother transition. Of course, I would like to know about their security, open back doors, mining data, exposing us to internet bad guys, etc.

Honored Contributor

@On It @You don't need to know much. See the section on the home page titled, Features. The proboards does almost all the tech. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I've provided enough information to get started.  Thanks, Mellie, and others for taking on this responsibility. You can see all the features on the proboards home page.