Honored Contributor

Re: Go to proboards dot com and start another community

It's very rare to have an unbiased moderator.  I've signed up at other sites, and it usually gets very clique-ish and messy.  People start taking sides and get ganged up on. 

There are already established boards for people to join.

Respected Contributor

You definitely need  moderation or it would be chaos.

If someone from here is not acceptable, that leaves no other option.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@JJsMom   I think there is a poster here that would be a fair moderator and do a good job. 

I guess that is possible, but I haven't seen it. Admittedly, I haven't looked that hard. The only ones I've ever seen have descended into chaos or gotten really clique-y. If someone can make it work, that's great! I just don't have any interest.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Mellyg  I don't know how much help I might be, but feel free to give me a shout out if you wish. The pro boards options, on the face of it, does look more viable than the alternatives discussed so far and, like so many others, would love to see a presence remain without having arms twisted to join Facebook, which many clearly don't want to do. As might have been anticipated, QVC's management of this has been clumsy and unconscionable.

@stevieb 

Thank you!  I would love some help and see what we can do. I do NOT have the time or energy into it being a full time job So if we all want to pool some time together to work together to get something going, I would love that! 

I registered over at Proboards (under QVC).

I understand and respect concerns about cliques. I agree with others how cliques can form; I have no interest in that.  From what I gather, is that most of us would enjoy communicating in a similar fashion. In a way that boards are easy to navigate through topics. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mellyg I'm happy to help out as needed.....I'm not a software developer but I've worked at a tech company for a long time--so I'm somewhat comfortable with these types of things....I'd love to see a good alternative community site emerge for all of us on this forum. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in! It has to be up and running before they take these down so we can all log on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

These never seem to work out because there needs to be moderation. It ends up being an unmoderated mess.

🧐

Esteemed Contributor

To the naysayers: if you keep coming up with reasons not to form a new group, then don't complain when this one goes down! We have a nice group of people here who get along pretty well. We don't always agree on the same subject, but it's a lovely group of women and men who share ideas and thoughts in a common place. To those who keep coming up with excuses, and "what if's"......then don't join. But for those of us who want to continue our group, let's do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellyg  Let me know what kind of assistance you need and if I'm able, I'll pitch in. 

There has also been another thread started about use of proboards and the experience sounds like good one.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Set-up-a-Pro-Board/m-p/7164416#M520588

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm happy to help.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?