Super Contributor

No

@kivah wrote:

@Carol Diane wrote:

@kivah , because those people are not touching you or near you for the length of time it took your hairdresser to wash, cut and blow dry your hair.  How can you compare that to a liquor store or any store?

Who said I had a wash/cut and blowdry!!!!! It was just a haircut. 

Going there was safer than me walking around Walmart 2 weeks ago. People are getting too paranoid.

Don't know what kind of math you used to come to that conclusion.  As well, Walmart is open legally.  The person you went to for your hair is not.  Yes, people are "paranoid", if you wish to call protecting themselves and others such.  Being set in your ways hopefully will not harm you in the days, weeks and  months ahead.  In the meatime, I wouldnt be braggung  about your hair.  Someone you boast to may report this individual who will then lose her license.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I just heard from a friend that Chris Cuomo (from CNN) and his wife were walking the streets. He's recovering from the Virus - and his wife has the virus. What's Up???? All the marijuana dispensaries are open - but u can't mow ur lawn - What'sw Up????

They were on their own property.  (He lives not far from me, and I know exactly where this was.)

I heard on the news that a father was playing catch with his son in front of their house - and he got ticketed. I see that Chris Cuomo is a JERK.

I just read that their teen-age son Mario has the CoronaVirus. Guess they took a walk too soon - like most people knew. The parents should be arrested.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I just heard from a friend that Chris Cuomo (from CNN) and his wife were walking the streets. He's recovering from the Virus - and his wife has the virus. What's Up???? All the marijuana dispensaries are open - but u can't mow ur lawn - What'sw Up????

They were on their own property.  (He lives not far from me, and I know exactly where this was.)

I heard on the news that a father was playing catch with his son in front of their house - and he got ticketed. I see that Chris Cuomo is a JERK.

@kivah, I'd love to see that story. I bet that there is more to it than a father and son playing catch.

The Governers of our states have become dictators - they make the rules - and they break their own rules.

Super Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I just read that their teen-age son Mario has the CoronaVirus. Guess they took a walk too soon - like most people knew. The parents should be arrested.

OH. MY. GOD.

Respected Contributor

Image result for Train Going Off Cliff

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

You're braver than I.  Glad you like your cut.  

How come we're allowed to shop in big box stores; go to the bank, etc.???? I heard on the news that u could shop for alcohol and lottery tickets (the state loves to make money).

I also stopped at the credit union - at the tellers window. 

Now this is what I don't understand. Why are liquor stores deemed essential businesses but not hair salons?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ You really only have interaction with the cashier in a liquor store. I don't think it's crowded like the grocery store.

I think it's common knowledge that to have someone cut your hair they must stand extremely close to you.

I'm surprised this needs a explanation. Common sense.

Many states you cannot buy wine or beer in a grocery store so those states would have liquor stores open.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

You're braver than I.  Glad you like your cut.  

How come we're allowed to shop in big box stores; go to the bank, etc.???? I heard on the news that u could shop for alcohol and lottery tickets (the state loves to make money).

I also stopped at the credit union - at the tellers window. 

Now this is what I don't understand. Why are liquor stores deemed essential businesses but not hair salons?

Because people who can't get alcohol might require unavailable medical resources as a result. Nobody has ever gotten the DTs from not being able to get their hair trimmed or their roots touched up...

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I just heard from a friend that Chris Cuomo (from CNN) and his wife were walking the streets. He's recovering from the Virus - and his wife has the virus. What's Up???? All the marijuana dispensaries are open - but u can't mow ur lawn - What's Up????

@kivah YOU can mow your lawn. You might not be able to hire someone to do it for you, but there isn't a single state that has prohibited people from being outside on their own property.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KKJ You really only have interaction with the cashier in a liquor store. I don't think it's crowded like the grocery store.

I think it's common knowledge that to have someone cut your hair they must stand extremely close to you.

I'm surprised this needs a explanation. Common sense.

Many states you cannot buy wine or beer in a grocery store so those states would have liquor stores open.

I guess it needed an explanation because being a teetotaler I don't understand why we'd NEED liquor stores over hair salons is what I meant. But then poster made the point of alcoholics and DT's so for that reason it makes sense.