Esteemed Contributor

I might be a OCD with cleanliness so that seems normal to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SeaMaiden , I live in the burbs, so it's easy just to get out and walk the neighborhood if need be.  I also live on a big hill.  However, I would miss the equipment to keep my muscles strong, but if it would quit raining there is plenty of yard work to do.

I do believe in exercising my immune system, so have always avoided antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers.

@Icegoddess   I agree that taking care of the physical body is so important.  We are our immune system...  

The problem is that this new virus are so virulent... it is not something our immune systems can fight off. And unlike with other  common pathogens... polio, pneumonia and regular flu etc...  there is nothing to stop this new virus.  It is like the UNKNOWN.

With this new virus, out bodies tend to go into OVER DRIVE...  to fight it off.. and the body  has so much inflammation, that all the organs in the body shut down.  That is what is the bad part about this virus.   

A good number of people have recovered from the virus, and I would suspect a large number who were never diagnosed.  There is a small number of the population with a deficient immune system that are at risk for something serious.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden @I agree that everyone has different ways of coping..for some it is best to deny and others need to be proactive.We have to support each other to get this done.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SeaMaiden , I live in the burbs, so it's easy just to get out and walk the neighborhood if need be.  I also live on a big hill.  However, I would miss the equipment to keep my muscles strong, but if it would quit raining there is plenty of yard work to do.

I do believe in exercising my immune system, so have always avoided antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers.

@Icegoddess   I agree that taking care of the physical body is so important.  We are our immune system...  

The problem is that this new virus are so virulent... it is not something our immune systems can fight off. And unlike with other  common pathogens... polio, pneumonia and regular flu etc...  there is nothing to stop this new virus.  It is like the UNKNOWN.

With this new virus, out bodies tend to go into OVER DRIVE...  to fight it off.. and the body  has so much inflammation, that all the organs in the body shut down.  That is what is the bad part about this virus.   

@SeaMaiden I agree that we don't have any immunities to this new virus, but sanitizing everything in sight keeps our immune system from doing it's job.  And, actually, for most of the population, it IS something our immune systems can fight off.  It mostly affects the elderly who already have compromised immune systems and people who already have underlying conditions.  

I'm socially distancing; it's in my nature.  I can spend the entire day happily working alone in the yard.  There were all of about 20 people in the gym this morning and most everybody was already wiping down equipment before this event.  I do plan to go to the pet store today and maybe the grocery store.  My husband, on the other hand, will go absolutely stir crazy if they shut down everything.  He can't stand to stay at home.  And, he'll drive me crazy pacing around the house.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SeaMaiden @I agree that everyone has different ways of coping..for some it is best to deny and others need to be proactive.We have to support each other to get this done.

@dex     YES!  Just let people say how they cope... offer reasurance and kind words. Supporting one another... even if we do not agree all the time. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting Brain Washed

[ Edited ]

I think we should be advised and follow the leads being given to us e.g. staying home, washing hands, etc., this advice is not bring given out for nothing it is to stop the spread.

O.K. so you are fit and healthy and are going to ‘carry on as normal’ this is not what it is all about - even the healthy ones can spread this virus to others unknowingly.

Let us all do our part in trying to stop the spread of this virus for, at least, the next couple of weeks, trying to stay inside as much as possible.  I don't think this is too hard, or too much to ask, for any of us.  Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I think we should be advised and follow the leads being given to us e.g. staying home, washing hands, etc., this advice is not bring given out for nothing it is to stop the spread.

O.K. so you are fit and healthy and are going to ‘carry on as normal’ this is not what it is all about - even the healthy ones can spread this virus to others unknowingly.

Let us all do our part in trying to stop the spread of this virus for, at least, the next couple of weeks, trying to stay inside as much as possible.  I don't think this is too hard, or too much to ask, for any of us.  Just my opinion.

And for those who have to work......guess we are just being selfish.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

And for those who have to work......guess we are just being selfish.

@CrazyDaisy 

@dulwich's post doesn't say that at all, you're sensationalizing her post.

Perhaps you missed the bolded part of her post above and no where in her post does she use the word "selfish".

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Where did I say anyone was selfish.  If you want an argument look elsewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen anyone here who is treating this virus like it's a hoax.

We all have different ways of coping with these unusual circumstances.

For some, it is to wash, sanitize and sterilize everything that they come in contact with.

For others, they want to keep their lives as normal as possible.

We  all have to do what we are comfortable with.

Can't we all just support each other, even if I may not agree with what you are doing, and vicea versa?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.