Honored Contributor

Re: Getting Brain Washed

[ Edited ]

I'm not 'brainwashed', but I AM 67, with lung disease, and I am being cautious.

I went out (within 2 miles from my home) for a necessary Dr. appt. about 2 weeks ago and have been staying home since.

DH has an auto immune disease, so I also don't want to bring anything home to him.

Others can make fun all they want, but I consider it being smart and cautious in my particular situation, health wise.

We can all make our own choice as to how we deal with this crisis, I see no benefit in making fun of others for their choices, that's so immature, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I say whatever make you happy, just not something I find necessary.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

But dirt harbors all sorts of pathogens, possibly even the virus.  BTW, I also went to the gym this morning.

I was debating whether to go to the gym tomorrow.   Debate over.  The gov of MD just closed down all gyms in the state.

Honored Contributor
@KingstonsMom. I agree with your post. And that posters should not make fun of each other but also not be judgmental or condemning either as some here are. We are all adults with free will and each of our situations is different. Living in Seattle right now is different from living in rural South Dakota. Can't we just respect each other?
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SeaMaiden , I live in the burbs, so it's easy just to get out and walk the neighborhood if need be.  I also live on a big hill.  However, I would miss the equipment to keep my muscles strong, but if it would quit raining there is plenty of yard work to do.

I do believe in exercising my immune system, so have always avoided antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers.

You are right it is important to exercise..good for the heart and soul.There are many utube videos that I have been using to stay in shape for now.Yard work is certainly a great workout.Just getting some sun is healing to me.I hope that you will be well and soon we can all have our normal back.

Honored Contributor

The more that people are compliant the faster we can get this under control.

I will never understand some people.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I went out (within 2 miles from my home) for a necessary Dr. appt. about 2 weeks ago and have been staying home since.

DH has an auto immune disease, so I also don't want to bring anything home to him.

Others can make fun all they want, but I consider it being smart and cautious in my particular situation, health wise.

We can all make our own choice as to how we deal with this crisis, I see no benefit in making fun of others for their choices, that's so immature, IMO.

@KingstonsMom I have a childhood friend that thinks everyone is overreacting and running around like chicken little, the sky is falling.  I finally had to block him on Facebook.  Very sad because he's a diabetic with heart issues.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SeaMaiden , I live in the burbs, so it's easy just to get out and walk the neighborhood if need be.  I also live on a big hill.  However, I would miss the equipment to keep my muscles strong, but if it would quit raining there is plenty of yard work to do.

I do believe in exercising my immune system, so have always avoided antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers.

@Icegoddess   I agree that taking care of the physical body is so important.  We are our immune system...  

The problem is that this new virus are so virulent... it is not something our immune systems can fight off. And unlike with other  common pathogens... polio, pneumonia and regular flu etc...  there is nothing to stop this new virus.  It is like the UNKNOWN.

With this new virus, out bodies tend to go into OVER DRIVE...  to fight it off.. and the body  has so much inflammation, that all the organs in the body shut down.  That is what is the bad part about this virus.   

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden I hear ya!  Yesterday I was reading my Sunday paper and not thinking I wet my finger to turn to the next page.  Yep, finger from paper to mouth and I did it twice!  So, my thinking was how do I know how many had touched that paper since it was published.  Far-fetched, sure, but that's the way my mind is working these days.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom I have a childhood friend that thinks everyone is overreacting and running around like chicken little, the sky is falling.  I finally had to block him on Facebook.  Very sad because he's a diabetic with heart issues.

@CelticCrafter   I think people who respond this careless way are just scared and it is their way of coping.