Honored Contributor

This story and the armed cop were on FOX news last night, great story and this cop is no slouch!!!

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

This story and the armed cop were on FOX news last night, great story and this cop is no slouch!!!

That explains it.

Respected Contributor

This is so sad. No business should be forced to close, or hire armed protection. We should be safe to shop and carry out activities of daily living. 

Once this type of thievery and violence takes hold, it becomes almost impossible to stop. We're crossing that line, now.

We need to buckle-up. It's not a stretch, of the imagination, to realize this is only going to get worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've lived and worked in Detroit. Ain't nothing new.

Walmaŕt in some stores have had uniformed armed guards for years. 

Detroit's version of People Greeters. 😉

Respected Contributor

And that's the city of "Brotherly Love". It is too bad it's come to this and I don't blame the owner at all. You need to be afraid to go anywhere anymore. As it is the bad guys now have more rights than the good guys.

Respected Contributor
Stelladorable wrote:
Shelbelle wrote:

That explains it.

Several news outlets are reporting this story. I find local news stories online..

NBC10 Philadelpia News

Philly Gas Station Now Armed With Guards

A Philly gas station does not want to take chances with the increasing crime, so management decided to employ armed guards. NBC10’s Johnny Archer speaks with the gas station’s owner..

Regular Contributor

I bet if he put a donation jar at the check out counter most people would happily contribute to help cover his added security expenses.  I know I would!

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Good for him.  I wish there were armed guards at the WAWA/gas station I go to.  

@Citrine1 

The Guard interviewed was asked about WAWA, and he said all they have to do is get in touch with his company. Hopefully groups like this expand around the cities and states.

Until such time that laws, their enforcement, and major punishments for the criminals committing crimes are changed? This to me appears to be at least part of what businesses and individuals can do to protect themselves and their property from a bunch of scumbags that prey on the the weakest.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  In Oct. all the WaWa stores (2) left Center City (downtown) in Philly lock, stock & barrell.  In the rest of the city, night hours has been drastically reduced.

Also, within the past few days this law has been passed:   Permanent 10 p.m. curfew for children and teens under the age of 18 in Philadelphia. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  The sad fact is these criminals do not give a hoot about a curfew.  And if they are already committing crime "who ever is "watching" them is not going to care either.   If they are willing to steal, rape, stab, murder, a curfew is not going to stop them.  Law abiding people know not to go out after a certain time if they can help it.  Every "gun free" zone is buffet sign for these people because they know people who respect the law won't be carrying.  Signs and laws don't mean anything to criminals.  It actually gives some more incentive to break that law.  smh.