Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,860
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST

@sophiamarie. Didn't want to reply, but read your post again and felt I needed to say something. I know nothing about you and you obviously don't have a clue about what kind of mother I am. 

 

Of course I could put them up in a furnished apartment. I could also buy them a house and "call it a day". Not the issue here. My son is a professional w/ a graduate school degree. He's independent, has pride and obviously loves his parents. He also knows that no matter how old he gets, he is welcome in his home, as is his wife and children...OUR grandchildren.

 

Baggage? Sounds like you have enough for 2 storage units. If you had read OP and others after, my son has the few drawers in the pantry, etc. for the 3 months he'll be here. I have another frig. in the mud room/laundry room if he needs it. When my DIL and kids come down (ages 5 & 8), it is possible that my son will have found a house by then. If not, they are all welcome here for as long as they need to stay. 

 

There are good mothers and then women that just give birth and do the minimum for 18 years & can't wait to slam the door as the kid leaves. Which one are you? Can I guess? 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST

@JaneMarple.  I didn't even think about the unavailability of rentals until June.  I sure wouldn't want my family shacking up in a hotel when I have extra room for them in my house.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,860
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST

@september. Even if rentals were available, it's not an for me. When I'm 80 and need a place to go, neither my son or daughter or would be looking for a furnished rental. Their front doors would be wide open & the red carpet rolled out. Respect and honor goes both ways.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,039
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@Lila Belle wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I would never make assumptions about a posters financial  or  family situation. I'm glad some of these people aren't my neighbors


``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I'm glad they're not my parents, inlaws or grands @cherryWoman Sad


There are plenty of people I'm glad I'm not related too as well, doesn't mean the feedback one doesn't agree with has no merit.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,583
Registered: ‎08-08-2013

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@Shanus wrote:

@sophiamarie. Didn't want to reply, but read your post again and felt I needed to say something. I know nothing about you and you obviously don't have a clue about what kind of mother I am. 

 

Of course I could put them up in a furnished apartment. I could also buy them a house and "call it a day". Not the issue here. My son is a professional w/ a graduate school degree. He's independent, has pride and obviously loves his parents. He also knows that no matter how old he gets, he is welcome in his home, as is his wife and children...OUR grandchildren.

 

Baggage? Sounds like you have enough for 2 storage units. If you had read OP and others after, my son has the few drawers in the pantry, etc. for the 3 months he'll be here. I have another frig. in the mud room/laundry room if he needs it. When my DIL and kids come down (ages 5 & 8), it is possible that my son will have found a house by then. If not, they are all welcome here for as long as they need to stay. 

 

There are good mothers and then women that just give birth and do the minimum for 18 years & can't wait to slam the door as the kid leaves. Which one are you? Can I guess? 

 

 Strange that as soon as someone doesn't see it your way, more information comes out.  It never fails.

 

True - you know absolutely nothing about me.  You can guess all you want to.


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@chrystaltree wrote:

Ok, that's a solution to his problem but honestly those house rules for middle aged man seem a little strange to me. 


But a middle aged man with his own family moving back home with mom isn't strange?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,012
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@sophiamarie wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@sophiamarie. Didn't want to reply, but read your post again and felt I needed to say something. I know nothing about you and you obviously don't have a clue about what kind of mother I am. 

 

Of course I could put them up in a furnished apartment. I could also buy them a house and "call it a day". Not the issue here. My son is a professional w/ a graduate school degree. He's independent, has pride and obviously loves his parents. He also knows that no matter how old he gets, he is welcome in his home, as is his wife and children...OUR grandchildren.

 

Baggage? Sounds like you have enough for 2 storage units. If you had read OP and others after, my son has the few drawers in the pantry, etc. for the 3 months he'll be here. I have another frig. in the mud room/laundry room if he needs it. When my DIL and kids come down (ages 5 & 8), it is possible that my son will have found a house by then. If not, they are all welcome here for as long as they need to stay. 

 

There are good mothers and then women that just give birth and do the minimum for 18 years & can't wait to slam the door as the kid leaves. Which one are you? Can I guess? 

 

 Strange that as soon as someone doesn't see it your way, more information comes out.  It never fails.

 

True - you know absolutely nothing about me.  You can guess all you want to.


 


That's False! @sophiamarie the OP has given the same information from the beginning of this thread and throughout, I guess you haven't bothered to read it all! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,012
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@HappyDaze wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Ok, that's a solution to his problem but honestly those house rules for middle aged man seem a little strange to me. 


But a middle aged man with his own family moving back home with mom isn't strange?

 

You don't understand  TEMPORARILY @HappyDaze? Or job Transfer?


 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,287
Registered: ‎01-24-2013

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST


@HappyDaze wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Ok, that's a solution to his problem but honestly those house rules for middle aged man seem a little strange to me. 


But a middle aged man with his own family moving back home with mom isn't strange?


```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

How sick.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,583
Registered: ‎08-08-2013

Re: GROWN KIDS COMING HOME TO ROOST

@JaneMarple  Sorry, I must have missed the part where the "second fridge" came in.  At first, he was going to get one shelf.  Okay, so now there's a whole nuther fridge.  Oh, and the part where they  might even have found a house by the time the kids are out of school.

 

My bad.