Honored Contributor

From my perspective, GMA went to the new, entertainment-driven (as opposed to serious news) when they brought on Lara Spencer.  I haven't enjoyed their programming since.  I watch it for what little bit of news headlines they give and then change the station.  Such a shame, as it used to be one of my favorite programs.  And I do enjoy Robin & George

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

From my perspective, GMA went to the new, entertainment-driven (as opposed to serious news) when they brought on Lara Spencer.  I haven't enjoyed their programming since.  I watch it for what little bit of news headlines they give and then change the station.  Such a shame, as it used to be one of my favorite programs.  And I do enjoy Robin & George

------------------------------------------

I agree about Lara S.  She seems so fake on this show; it is all about the "cuteness."   I don't think George is very comfortable at this table.  He always seems to be out of the loop/conversation, out of touch and looks like he is lost within the group.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I totally agree!  Lara was the beginning of switching over to Hollywood and entertainment programming from their friendly actual news format.  Now it is constant fake laughing and garbage worthless information about trashy Hollywood.   CBS This Morning, you have won me over!!

Regular Contributor
I enjoy watching GMA in the morning while I am getting ready for work. I like the lighter side of news and do like some entertainment news. There are enough news only programs on, it's nice to be entertained sometimes. I agree that George seems a little out of place at time, but I like him. Not real crazy about the concerts on Friday but I am gone to work by that time anyway.
It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

The morning shows do a quick run through the news and weather then focus on show business for the next 1 1/2 hours.  I get so disgusted I don't even watch them much anymore.  I especially don't watch on days when they have live entertainment, like today.  These rock entertainers are just trash.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never watch the musical numbers at the end of talk shows .....  most of the time it's no one I have any interest in.

Honored Contributor

Evening Tink, not sure but sometimes the performances are smack dab in the middle of the program so a viewer is held hostage to a certain point.......

Trusted Contributor

@June2 wrote:
I find her repulsive.

PERFECT description of her.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Could someone tell me what the purpose is of having a performing artist on their GMA Friday Central Park concerts whose songs have to be bleeped almost 50% due to content? Nicki Minaj's  first song "Feel Myself"  (Yah, that's the title) was missing most of its lyrics and sound due to the 15 second delays throughout the performance. And then there was the costume she had on which was see through black lace with a thong backside. Perhaps that's the reason Nicki's video for "Anaconda" wasn't nominated for a VMA and NOT the fact that the skinny girl videos get the nominations as she claims. Okay, I'm done with my morning rant now. It just had to be said.

I do not care for Nicki Minaj.  She's a hot mess.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Why is it that Madonna tries to compete with these young girls by craving the spotlight and acting so immature?   At one point, I thought she was becoming more conservative in her style and doing more mature music. But no, she has to have a "grill" on her teeth and take nude selfies of herself.

I think Lady Gaga is an amazing talent.   Her singing at the Oscars and then with Tony Bennett is outstanding.  Why does she have to resort to those ridiculous costumes?    She's so much more talented than most of the women performers out there.   Why do they all have to draw attention to themselves in such fake and unprofessional ways?  

I miss real music these days.   I am not a fan of all her songs, but Taylor Swift at least has some class and spends more time honoring her fans and others in need than trying to grab all the attention.

I long for the old days when music was interesting to listen to and entertainers had real talent. 

Regarding GMA, I find all it seems to be is a tabloid type show.  I much prefer the CBS morning show.  It's more intelligent and less about those sitting on the panel.   

One last thing... what purpose does Michael Strahan serve on GMA?  I like him on Kelly & Michael, but he's so over-exposed now that he shows a lot of ego that he didn't have in the early days of his stint with Kelly which made him so likeable.  Okay, don't get me started about Kelly Ripa... !