Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frightening heat projection map...

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

There is big money to be made or loss on lies or fabrications.  

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There is great value in a strong math and science curriculum, as well.  ; )

If I were a Big Oil Coal shareholder or lobbyist or a member of congress on the take I'd be jumping up and down at the gullibility of a certain few who really don't understand basic or advanced science  and support the pure greed of more than a few oligarchs.

Contributor

I believe according to the Al Gore movie  Manhatten has been flooded by now. Everyone has a differing viewpoint on this and always will.

Esteemed Contributor

@caf in va wrote:

I believe according to the Al Gore movie  Manhatten has been flooded by now. Everyone has a differing viewpoint on this and always will.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No it's just a small minority of Americans who have been brainswashed in order to serve the interests of Big Oil and those dependent on their largess in getting them re-elected.

It's embarrassing to hear what the rest of the world says about those denialists.

Honored Contributor

All this global warming stuff doesn't matter anyway because I heard on the news our planet or perhaps it's our universe is dying, and in a few million years even our dust will no longer exist.

Just wanted to cheer you all up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@caf in va wrote:

No it's just a small minority of Americans who have been brainswashed in order to serve the interests of Big Oil and those dependent on their largess in getting them re-elected.

It's embarrassing to hear what the rest of the world says about those denialists.

I don't deny there's brainwashing going on, the only real question is which side is being brainwashed. Americans are consuming three times the Btu's we consumed back in the fifties. When you're consuming three times the Btu's, temperatures should increase. It's pretty simple. One Btu is the amount of energy required to raise one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. As of 2011 the average American consumed 313 million Btu's which means that each of us is heating 313 million pounds of water one degree.

Now if you had a room in the fifties with a 10,000 Btu heater in it running flat out and took the temp in the room then came back now and found a 30,000 Btu heater running flat out you'd find the room was significantly warmer now than it was in the fifties. The greenhouse gas believers would look up at the ceiling and argue that something must be wrong with the ceiling since the room is warmer. Something must be trapping/reflecting the heat. Those of us science denying troglodytes tend to point to the larger heat source and the larger amount of heat being given off, but all of the learned and knowledgeable people just scoff at us and dismiss us as idiots who don't understand science. 

Greenhouse gas advocates just dismiss radiated heat as being inconsequential, but when we've got more people, using more Btu's than ever before, there should be an increase in temperature regardless of any greenhouse effect. The early warnings of imminent devastation by the greenhouse effect haven't come true, and no, not just because we're no longer using the 'wrong' light bulbs. 

There's room for lots of debate and discussion when it comes to the global climate, but one side blindly believes they're right with a passion typically only found in religious zealots. Anyone suggesting alternatives is dismissed as a fool, but there are quite a few reasonable dissenters out there, and the real fools are those who continue to blindly believe whatever they're told. Of course, I've no doubt been brainwashed by those evil oil companies, so what do I know?

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@caf in va wrote:

The big question is who created the heat Map? I don't get excited by these things because each and every group is trying to project their own agenda. It is rather like voting, you must do your own research and reach your own conclusion.

From their website:

Climate Central scientists publish peer-reviewed research on climate science; energy; impacts such as sea level rise; climate attribution and more. Our work is not confined to scientific journals. We investigate and synthesize weather and climate data and science to equip local communities and media with the tools they need to visualize the threat of climate change and the need for practical solutions.

Their staff and board members:

http://www.climatecentral.org/what-we-do/people

Thanks @Say Nay!

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@caf in va wrote:

I don't deny there's brainwashing going on, the only real question is which side is being brainwashed. Americans are consuming three times the Btu's we consumed back in the fifties. When you're consuming three times the Btu's, temperatures should increase. It's pretty simple. One Btu is the amount of energy required to raise one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. As of 2011 the average American consumed 313 million Btu's which means that each of us is heating 313 million pounds of water one degree.

Now if you had a room in the fifties with a 10,000 Btu heater in it running flat out and took the temp in the room then came back now and found a 30,000 Btu heater running flat out you'd find the room was significantly warmer now than it was in the fifties. The greenhouse gas believers would look up at the ceiling and argue that something must be wrong with the ceiling since the room is warmer. Something must be trapping/reflecting the heat. Those of us science denying troglodytes tend to point to the larger heat source and the larger amount of heat being given off, but all of the learned and knowledgeable people just scoff at us and dismiss us as idiots who don't understand science. 

Greenhouse gas advocates just dismiss radiated heat as being inconsequential, but when we've got more people, using more Btu's than ever before, there should be an increase in temperature regardless of any greenhouse effect. The early warnings of imminent devastation by the greenhouse effect haven't come true, and no, not just because we're no longer using the 'wrong' light bulbs. 

There's room for lots of debate and discussion when it comes to the global climate, but one side blindly believes they're right with a passion typically only found in religious zealots. Anyone suggesting alternatives is dismissed as a fool, but there are quite a few reasonable dissenters out there, and the real fools are those who continue to blindly believe whatever they're told. Of course, I've no doubt been brainwashed by those evil oil companies, so what do I know?

Imho it's biased to say the blindly passionate people 

are only on one "side" of the issue.  There are misinformed 

and informed people on both sides 

and anyway why aren't we all on the same side?

😔

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••