Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frightening heat projection map...

@NoelSeven wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Sorry my news has scientists who say either its not true and anyone who says otherwise is trashed or demonized.

I'm sure the news you choose does say all that.   You need to change the channel and start reading science reports not political reports.

Your scientists, last heard, were two people from Russia v. thousands of Americans. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Noel7, are you dis-"Putin" those 2 Russian's opinions ? LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Still waiting for the doom and gloom AlGore predicted to occur.

Surely you must be joking.  Have you watched the news lately?  Have you seen the fires in California that stem from a multi-year drought?  Weather issues are breaking records all over the world.

Fires break out in California whether it is a drought year or not, because once the hot weather comes every year, we don't get rain then, everything is dry and ripe for fires.

Not like this, nope.  This drought, lasting about 4 years so far, is the worst drought in 1200 years, and may be worse than that, because it just keeps going.

I have lived here all of my life, and I am very aware of what the weather was decades ago, has been since then, and now is.  What it will become, remains to be seen.  There will always be fires in California as though it is cooler up North, it is a desert state.

Honored Contributor

Would love living in British Columbia, Canada!  

british-columbia.jpg (425×229)

9558580.jpg (400×300)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Surely you must be joking.  Have you watched the news lately?  Have you seen the fires in California that stem from a multi-year drought?  Weather issues are breaking records all over the world.

Fires break out in California whether it is a drought year or not, because once the hot weather comes every year, we don't get rain then, everything is dry and ripe for fires.

Not like this, nope.  This drought, lasting about 4 years so far, is the worst drought in 1200 years, and may be worse than that, because it just keeps going.

I have lived here all of my life, and I am very aware of what the weather was decades ago, has been since then, and now is.  What it will become, remains to be seen.  There will always be fires in California as though it is cooler up North, it is a desert state.

I've lived here all my life, also, but I watch the local news and read the science reports.  Living here does not provide osmosis that transmits that knowledge to us, we have to seek it out.

THE WORST DROUGHT IN 1200 YEARS OR MORE (that's a lot longer than our lifetimes combined or mere decades).

THE DROUGHT HAS MADE THE FIRES WORSE.

Sorry, but there is no getting around that.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I haven't read all of the replies........Anyone here know about El Nino, predictions of flooding almost everywhere?  I don't know who and/or what to believe.  For years, I've been guessing that it's not a good idea to live too close to oceans.  Living high on hills might be better, just in case of oceans rising, or tsunamis. (Can't get the correct spelling, for some reason). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I haven't read all of the replies........Anyone here know about El Nino, predictions of flooding almost everywhere?  I don't know who and/or what to believe.  For years, I've been guessing that it's not a good idea to live too close to oceans.  Living high on hills might be better, just in case of oceans rising, or tsunamis. (Can't get the correct spelling, for some reason). 

Hi ROMARY, I can tell you what the news has been reporting.

Nothing I have seen predicts "flooding almost everywhere."  There is concern there will be flooding in Southern CA.

If there is heavy rain, probably parts of Marin County, across the Bay from San Francisco, may flood, that happens often and the residents handle it.  We're not talking a major flood there, but water will no doubt enter business stores, it always does.  That's a MAYBE, not a given, if it rains a lot.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I've lived here all my life, also, but I watch the local news and read the science reports.  Living here does not provide osmosis that transmits that knowledge to us, we have to seek it out.

THE WORST DROUGHT IN 1200 YEARS OR MORE (that's a lot longer than our lifetimes combined or mere decades).

THE DROUGHT HAS MADE THE FIRES WORSE.

Sorry, but there is no getting around that.

As usual, youi go off on a tangent, yelling.  All I said was that there are always fires here, drought or not, period.  Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

I dunno.  Lots of folks predicting this n that.  Then when things don't traspire they aren't held accountable for the hysteria they stir up.

Living here in So Ca we've always had warm and hot days.  It's why fome folks like the weather here. 

Remember, when the Sun has a dangerous solar flare/wind and the latest soalr ejection of sort, wouldn't matter where you lived, it would do it's damage.  Nothing to do with how we live here.  Also a sizeable astroid would also do its destruction. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Noel,  NOAA and NASA have plenty of people asking why they are changing data to fit their agenda.  

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/04/noaa-fiddles-with-climate-data-to-erase-the-15-year-global-warming...

Any one who disagrees gets trashed or demonized.  You can believe what you want but half of America doesn't.

Respected Contributor

There is big money to be made or loss on lies or fabrications.