Honored Contributor

Frightening heat projection map...

[ Edited ]

To use the map, along the bottom are date/year ranges. Click on one of them, then click on the dot closest to where you live...

I checked the entire range for our area...OMG! 

We might need to move to Alaska, Canada or Scandinavia!

Map is HERE

Respected Contributor

Re: Frightening heat projection map...

Not a fan of hot weather...106 here tomorrow(yuck)

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Not a fan of hot weather...106 here tomorrow(yuck)

@fourpaws56 So, what is the projection the map for your area? 

Respected Contributor

The closest city to me was Fresno CA,but that is 60 miles away.I am in the mountains near Yosemite National Park

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

The closest city to me was Fresno CA,but that is 60 miles away.I am in the mountains near Yosemite National Park

@fourpaws56 Nevermind...I give up...lol. Some folks don't think about the future temps rising due to global warming...whether in the mountains or not.

The closest dot from us is 100 miles away...The map gives general info...not specific.

We will have to move I know that for sure!

Esteemed Contributor

Never have paid that much attention to the weather prognosticators since I retired. In hot weather makes no difference to me, i know when it is hot and/or humid, or both. Not much i can do about it 'cept dress for it.

Heat doesn't bother me. Guess between working in the heat/having hobbies that involved being out in the heat, my body must still retain some of that acclimation.

I do think it is a good idea to check on the elderly in extremely hot weather to make sure all is well.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Never have paid that much attention to the weather prognosticators since I retired. In hot weather makes no difference to me, i know when it is hot and/or humid, or both. Not much i can do about it 'cept dress for it.

Heat doesn't bother me. Guess between working in the heat/having hobbies that involved being out in the heat, my body must still retain some of that acclimation.

I do think it is a good idea to check on the elderly in extremely hot weather to make sure all is well.

@hckynutjohn  I am a lung cancer survivor with less than 2 lungs. I can't go outside if it is too hot or too cold. I mentioned this in the 'heat index' thread...stating issues I have of hyperventilating...difficulty breathing...

Count your blessings on your health...

Young children and babies are also at high risk too. Anyone can have issues in extreme heat...

Honored Contributor

Funny, here in the high desert, there are 0 danger days but they skyrocket in the South and Midwest, I imagine due to the humidity.

Don't count on staying cool in Alaska.  They've had little snow the past two winters and have been plagued with forest fires all summer.  You just don't hear much about what's going on there.

Weve had a heat wave past few days, same one as Arizona but we've stayed a chilly 99 degrees.  I just stay inside and pretend that it's January in Minnesota.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Funny, here in the high desert, there are 0 danger days but they skyrocket in the South and Midwest, I imagine due to the humidity.

Don't count on staying cool in Alaska.  They've had little snow the past two winters and have been plagued with forest fires all summer.  You just don't hear much about what's going on there.

Weve had a heat wave past few days, same one as Arizona but we've stayed a chilly 99 degrees.  I just stay inside and pretend that it's January in Minnesota.

It's the altitude that knocks me out in ALBQ!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Wow.

Intetesting info @Susan Louise.  Thanks for sharing

the link.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••