Honored Contributor

Re: Friend turned MK representative-not the same.

[ Edited ]

'Still', sounds as though she has been over-medicating or over-vitamin-izing.  Allegedly. ..........  Actually, many, many, many, many (about 30+ or so) years ago, one of my friends recently, at that time, had a Vit B- 'whatever' shot, and she warned me to never have one.  She said she had been on a 'crazy- 'high' (in her words), (way too much energy for her normal self, etc.) .   Could be that they gave her too high of a dose for her body size/frame.  Funny that I just now thought of that incident all of these years later.    

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Years ago, an acquaintance started selling MK, and there were a few products I tried that I liked a lot.  I would have been happy to just continue to buy those items, but they insist you have to buy everything in the line.

Now I have two friends who are selling Nerium. So far, I've only heard of their sales tactics by noticing their comments on their Facebook pages.  Both of these women are professionals who are very busy with their primary jobs.  I'm more than surprised to see they got involved in this. 

Honored Contributor

@pegsue wrote:

Her first meeting was last night so I can't wait to see what she will do next. LOL.  From reading your responses I am sure they got her all charged up and ready to again.  I am going to stay strong.  It's funny though because she started bringing God/religion into her sales speech, so did her director, ie. He put us together for a reason...blah blah blah.

And she is all of a sudden doing things out of character, i.e. wanting to be out and about more, hearing us in the garage and she comes on over to see who is out there and make sure everything is ok, and a few other things.  These are not things she would normally do let alone do every single day.  And as one poster said all of her actions are because she's being directed to do them.  Sad.

I really thought she was smarter than this.  I am disappointed.

This makes me wonder if the newfound (?) religiosity came first, via her director, who then *also* pumped her into the MK sales. Her zeal does sound rather evangelical (in the general rather than sect sense). Perhaps she has "found religion" and is very gung-ho, and if her director tells her God wants her to be doing this....  Is that a possibility?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

When someone first joins an MLM company, they do have huge social events to get the sales people amped up.  

They meet in downtown hotels and get wined and dined and are given lots of promises of how much $$$ they'll make.  And some of them do make some money.

others are okay with just selling the products to a few family members and friends, and getting discounts on the things they want to buy for themselves.  These aren't the kind of salespeople the companies want!

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

I was a merchandiser in Malls and stores for any years. I can relate to being approached in the mall. I was approached several times while working... by the SAME person on different days. Guess she did not remember she had approached me before. I got the Hi...you are so pretty and apply makeup well... have you ever thought about...

No I haven't I could never be as pushy as they are required to be.

I was approached in the Costco parking lot, and the spiel was "you're so beautiful...would you like to be one of my demo models?"

Super Contributor

I used to sell PartyLite. I did that a little over a year. There was a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell by having home parties. When I would attend meetings, we were always asked how many parties we have booked for the next couple weeks and what we can do to up our numbers.

It's not in my personality to pressure people at all. I felt horrible when I would try to convince friends, relatives, co workers etc. to have a home party. That's why I stopped doing it

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@croemer wrote:

I was a merchandiser in Malls and stores for any years. I can relate to being approached in the mall. I was approached several times while working... by the SAME person on different days. Guess she did not remember she had approached me before. I got the Hi...you are so pretty and apply makeup well... have you ever thought about...

No I haven't I could never be as pushy as they are required to be.

I was approached in the Costco parking lot, and the spiel was "you're so beautiful...would you like to be one of my demo models?"

haha..sounds like they have their spiel down.Woman LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

The MK business plan still sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me............

Honored Contributor

.....all that happened after just 5 days

Esteemed Contributor

You have to be firm with these people because they are trained like Telemarketers not to take "No" for an answer.

Just say NO to her and when she continues with the free facial spiel....Just say "What part of No don't you understand?"