Frequent Contributor

Re: Friend turned MK representative-not the same.

you really just have to cut them off.  if you keep trying to be polite she will continue hounding you.  i've ended friendships over that kind of behavior.  tell her that you are no longer interested in hearing from her or seeing her because you are not ever going to be interested in mk, and that she is getting on your nerves with it.  if you keep giving her any type of encouragement, then you are setting yourself up to be constantly harrassed by her and her mk cronies.  and you really need to check her for giving strangers your contact information.  mk or not, no real friend would have done that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't really have a problem with being firm and telling someone this in a way where they never approach me again to ask. You definitely don't have to be rude to get your point across.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Hi Peg!  Oh boy - still?

Well, here's the thing - one might think that saying NO, means no.  But scheme-type selling like this drills it into people that they must keep pushing.

They get them all hyped up at these meetings - much like another type of entity that I won't name because it will just cause trouble here - and it's all about push push push.

The reason for this is that they tell the low-level sellers that they will be making big money but the truth is that it is the people above (far above) them who make the big money off all their little soldiers.

I think the others are right that there is probably nothing you can do aside from distancing yourself from her until if or when she stops drinking the Kool-Aid.

Honored Contributor

A little story regarding the  ITWORKS! mlm:

A friends was going on about a weight loss party she went to last week and how the Rep looked so good, was fit, etc. She told me all about it and then said she was going to host a party and asked me if I wanted to attend.

Nope, I don't.

Ok, well, here's the brochure if you want to call in an order instead; she'll still get the benefit. 

Nope, I don't. 

I said, you know, I do WW and it's fine. She said "oh no, WW doesn't work but ITWORKS! does. The rep even said she did WW and it did nothing.

Ok then. She had to attend to something so I'm looking at the brochure. On the BACK of the brochure is a picture and the info on the Sales Rep. Guess who it is?

A woman who is a member of my WW group and made goal 3 months ago. So, she's telling people ITWORKS! is how she did it but that WW did nothing. I looked at her very differently today during the meeting.

Regular Contributor

Sahlman-WOW-I cannot believe that!  I am just shaking my head that she couldn't tell the truth about how she lost weight..I find that sad.  I couldn't do that.

I found on FB last night my friend/MK lady created a MK group on FB and added me to the group because I should "get excited, new things are coming from MK and be the first to get them!"   I need to figure out how to get myself out of that group-I don't want to be associated in any way with MK and I don't want people to think that I use any of it.  (Does anyone know how I can take myself out of the group?  Never had this happen before)

So I guess you all are right, it's just not going to stop!  Geez.

Honored Contributor

@pegsue wrote:

Sahlman-WOW-I cannot believe that!  I am just shaking my head that she couldn't tell the truth about how she lost weight..I find that sad.  I couldn't do that.

I found on FB last night my friend/MK lady created a MK group on FB and added me to the group because I should "get excited, new things are coming from MK and be the first to get them!"   I need to figure out how to get myself out of that group-I don't want to be associated in any way with MK and I don't want people to think that I use any of it.  (Does anyone know how I can take myself out of the group?  Never had this happen before)

So I guess you all are right, it's just not going to stop!  Geez.

@pegsue - if you go to the group page, at the top, on the right side is a Joined button, click the little arrow and it will give you two options - unfollow or leave group.