Honored Contributor

Re: Fountain Pen Question

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  I have to try it but I would get one that´s disposable first. Should be fun.

@Sage04 The inner bone joint stayed blue from the ink all the time.  I had a callous you wouldn't believe!!!!!  It was decades before that joint went down!!!!!!

When I feel that area, it is slightly pronounced but isn't to the eye, thank goodness!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  that´s funny. My fingers were always blue. Those bottles were big and sometimes the pen would slip inside the bottle lol.

I have a brother who moved to the Carribbean. He would love this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fountain Pen Question

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  that´s funny. My fingers were always blue. Those bottles were big and sometimes the pen would slip inside the bottle lol.

I have a brother who moved to the Carribbean. He would love this.

@Sage04 We used ink cartridges!!!  I should have posted cartridge pens!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I´ve seen those on Amazon and i must say they are better.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki Thank you; I will look into Waterman.

Honored Contributor

@violann   It's a gift for someone so I'll probably take a stab (no pun intended) at the nib.  I used to like a medium, but I wasn't sure if the fine tip would be better for a gift.  I'll check out Cross and see what they have.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining  I plan to get a cartridge pen.  This will be a retirement gift for a cousin who loves "all things stationery."

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 Thank you, I will look into Sheaffer pens.  I didn't know so many of our gang would be so knowledgeable about fountain pens!  I appreciate everyone's help!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  I like medium too.  I wasn't sure which nib would be best for a gift.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  You are a font of fountain pen information.  Thank you for all the recommendations.