Esteemed Contributor

Here we go again (selling older model electronics)

Looking thru Q's "deal" on tablets:  they are selling last year's Fire 8 model at a ridiculous price.  The new model (9th generation) starts shipping June third and this"special"is over $100 ( I bought that very model on March 17th from Amazon for $45!!!).  Occasionally, Q does do a good deal on Fire tablets but this isn't one of those times!

Honored Contributor

Re: Here we go again (selling older model electronics)

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

Looking thru Q's "deal" on tablets:  they are selling last year's Fire 8 model at a ridiculous price.  The new model (9th generation) starts shipping June third and this"special"is over $100 ( I bought that very model on March 17th from Amazon for $45!!!).  Occasionally, Q does do a good deal on Fire tablets but this isn't one of those times!

@patbz- The specs say this is the 9th generation, so perhaps you need to reread the specs and perhaps retract what you've posted?

BTW, I'm looking at the "Weekly Bonus" which is the one currently being offered, so maybe you just need to clarify which one you're talking about?

I doubt anyone would buy the older model (8th generation) for slightly less than the Weekly Bonus (on Amazon right now, 9th gen is $149.99, not in stock until 06/12).  But that's a case of the buyer doing comparison shopping, which we all should.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia :  Item #E234113 is generation 8, not generation 9, which ships first week in June from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@patbz- The model you mention is under $100 and, yes, 8th generation.  That's an older and smaller model.

The one currently being offered for $109 is the Fire 10.1", 9th generation:

E234087

Since you said it was "over $100", I thought you were referring to the one they're currently offering as the "Weekend Bonus".  It's the same one I'm seeing on the Amazon site for $150 right now.  So it seems to be a good value for anyone who wants one.  Are you saying they're selling two different models of the Fire tablet at the same time?  (Not everyone needs or wants the latest and greatest, but I'd think most people would buy the newer one for such a small price difference.)

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Venezia :  Item #E234113 is generation 8, not generation 9, which ships first week in June from Amazon.

right now the generation 8 on amazon is 94.99......it does not include the memory card or the special software voucher that qvc is offering. it actually seems like qvc has the better deal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@patbz- The model you mention is under $100 and, yes, 8th generation.  That's an older and smaller model.

The one currently being offered for $109 is the Fire 10.1", 9th generation:

E234087

Since you said it was "over $100", I thought you were referring to the one they're currently offering as the "Weekend Bonus".  It's the same one I'm seeing on the Amazon site for $150 right now.  So it seems to be a good value for anyone who wants one.  Are you saying they're selling two different models of the Fire tablet at the same time?  (Not everyone needs or wants the latest and greatest, but I'd think most people would buy the newer one for such a small price difference.)

@Venezia

This is a nice quality 10 inch tablet for $109. Last week Amazon had a Mother's Day sale and offered this device for $109.

Amazon is bringing a new 8 inch tablet to market in June. This new tablet will have double the storage space of the old one. It will cost $89.

There will be a plus version for $109. It has more RAM. You can have more apps open.

These two tablets can be made to run the Google Play store. You can find YouTube videos with directions.