Honored Contributor

Re: Former President George H.W. Bush Hospitalized

My heart breaks for him.

I wish him peace.

Valued Contributor

President George H. W. Bush has had a long, well lived and much loved life. As he said after the loss of his wife ". . . So cross the Bush's off your worry list."
Valued Contributor

If anyone can pull through, it's him.

Respected Contributor

He has suffered an unimaginable loss, maybe he doesn't want to pull through....only the man upstairs will make that call....

Respected Contributor

I am sad but not surprised and I can't imagine the family going from their mom dying and now dad is in intensive care. The emotional roller coaster must be terrible. I am an elderly RN and the day of the funeral I thought he looked worn out and weak. Unfortunately, I think he will or has given up. Life may not be worth living to him without his Bar. May God Bless him and the family. 

Respected Contributor

My mother is 92. In January she had a cold, she saw doctors on both Monday and Wednesday, we did a chest x ray on Friday and it was not bad. By Sunday she had Sepsis. Me and the doctors missed it. She was hospitalized for 8 days and in rehab for 3 weeks. 

Respected Contributor

Awww..... I hate to hear this.  I feel for that family, I am sure they are so worried and they are still dealing with losing Barbara.  But I did think he looked very frail the day of the funeral & wondered about his will to carry on after losing his wife of more than 70 years.  Bless him for powering through to get through his wife's funeral.  

O/T...waving to @Marp!!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

May God do what is best for him, in the light of eternity.   It's better to let God decide than to pray for healing..Years ago when I was young ,a dear lady told me, sometimes we pray for the wrong thing.

I was very young ,and didn't understand the wisdom in this statement. I thought it is always best to pray for life. Sometimes death ,is really the kinder thing..Thy will be done

Valued Contributor

He won't last long. They were so close, when one passed away the other is sure to follow. They lived for each other.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @pitdakota, waving back.  I've missed posting with you, especially when I read about an exciting breakthough that I just know you are familiar with lol.

Hope all is well with you.  Been going through a lot this year but am finally beginning to catch glimpses of the light at the end of the tunnel.  Now if the tunnel would just stop getting longer I'd be in good shape.

Hugs.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.