Regular Contributor

Really, what's the difference, and what does it matter.  Just asking.  Not on my 4th cup of coffee yet.

Honored Contributor

I saw it yesterday and thought it was... without merit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Format Change?

[ Edited ]

EXAMPLE 1; as it stands now

wrote:

wrote:

Maybe they are doing that because I think you can change someone's quote in your post

I think it might be a better idea

wrote:

This evening  as I started reading the forums, I wondered who this "wrote" was. Was it a very new and prolific reader  ?

No. It seems to be a change in how the posts appear. Instead of seeing my name  as being quoted, I see "wrote."

Please confirm so that I know I'm not sleeping

@lovescats.  The Mods are aware and trying to get it fixed.

EXAMPLE 2

Maybe they are doing that because I think you can change someone's quote in your post

I think it might be a better idea

This evening  as I started reading the forums, I wondered who this "wrote" was. Was it a very new and prolific reader  ?

No. It seems to be a change in how the posts appear. Instead of seeing my name  as being quoted, I see "wrote."

Please confirm so that I know I'm not sleeping

Why not  delete the part you don’t want?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Format Change?

[ Edited ]

Why not  delete the part you don't want?

Well that is a nuisance and isn't that changing the person's post and what they said?   If they  need to delete part of the post  then they should write their own post. Sorry l'm being crabby.

Honored Contributor

Dummy me, I thought wrote was a new poster

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Dummy me, I thought wrote was a new poster

@cherry, you weren't the only one.  I thought it was a poster's nic too.  

It just make it easier to follow along when you see the poster's name within the quote.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I think there are reasons to leave it that way because some people just quote posters to correct them or argue with them.

Some people might not want to be quoted by certain posters.

I'm in favor of not going back to the old way.

@lovescats, if they were to leave this alone, it would not stop us from quoting. It would just be another step. 

But then I'm a proponent of quoting. I'm weary of posts from out of the blue like "I think you made a good point." I have no idea to whom they're speaking or with they're agreeing. Even if they had used notification, if I wanted to put it into context, I'd have to go back to check the whole darn thread.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor
@suzyQ3 wrote:

wrote:

I think there are reasons to leave it that way because some people just quote posters to correct them or argue with them.

Some people might not want to be quoted by certain posters.

I'm in favor of not going back to the old way.

lovescats, if they were to leave this alone, it would not stop us from quoting. It would just be another step. 

But then I'm a proponent of quoting. I'm weary of posts from out of the blue like "I think you made a good point." I have no idea to whom they're speaking or with they're agreeing. Even if they had used notification, if I wanted to put it into context, I'd have to go back to check the whole darn thread.

So I just did an experiment in another post and the quote showed the name. Hitting post now to see if it still shows the name.

Trusted Contributor

Ok, it worked again. Until they get this fixed...or IF it gets fixed, when you hit quote it shows @soandso, in the box, just erase the @ sign and the quoter's name will show.

Honored Contributor
suzyQ3 

This morning as I started reading the forums, I wondered who this "wrote" was. Was it a very new and prolific poster?

No. It seems to be a change in how the quotes appear. Instead of seeing my or any nic as being quoted, I see "wrote."

Please confirm so that I know I'm not crazy. :-)

I’m trying it now. That is funny that you thought there was a new poster named “wrote.” I would have too. 

So I guess I’m supposed to delete the @ sign and the word “wrote.” ? But I have gotten confused many times over who wrote what in long discussions and I wish it wasn’t so confusing!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~