Esteemed Contributor

Elton John's Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour

Starts in September and will be a global tour.

Priorites now are husband and 2 children, his boys.

Love him and saw him in concert in PA several years ago.

He put on a great show! Would love to see him again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elton John's Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour

I saw Elton in Vegas almost 10 years ago at Caesars Palace.  The Red Piano was the title of the tour.  Great show!! I love the song Daniel, omg that is a tear jerker for me.  When I hear that song, the early 1970's comes back to me as vivid as yesterday.  I can smell Sandalwood and Patchouli oil I need a strobe light, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see this show, but, I'm afraid the ticket prices will be outrageous.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago, my husband got tickets for Elton John. He thought my son would like to see him. It was a rather small venue in Trenton, NJ (10,500 seats). I don't know why but there was on stage seating, behind Elton John and his piano. And we were in the third row behind him at the end of the piano. The seats were amazing. We were facing Elton John and about 10 feet from him.

I still can't believe my husband got such good seats. 

Respected Contributor

I saw Elton and I always say that is the best concert that I have ever attended. We were in the "cheap seat" behind the stage because that was all we could get. It turned out that his Piano was sideways and we could see him very clearly, up close. So close, we could read his teleprompter. It was a great concert. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I would like to see him again. The first time was shortly after Princess Di died so that's why I remember the year. The last time was with Leon Russell. I would've liked to have seen him with Billy Joel. If we get the chance we'll get tickets.

Esteemed Contributor

Elton John is one of the most talented rockers around & has been for decades!! I can’t imagine him not performing. I hope he teams up with Billy Joel again before he calls it quits!! 🎼 🎹 🎤

JMO but kids today just don’t have the talent that the baby boomers had.They also don’t seem to want to carry the torch of one of the best music genres of all time!!

Valued Contributor

If I heard correctly, his "farewell tour" consists of 300 concert dates over the next three years. He is at least 70 years old. He may not stop performing; just put an end to the touring.

Honored Contributor

Have always been a fan, but I saw him in concert about 12 years ago and he was fantastic. He sounded as good as he always has. I never tire of his music.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

If I heard correctly, his "farewell tour" consists of 300 concert dates over the next three years. He is at least 70 years old. He may not stop performing; just put an end to the touring.

@Highlands72  Yes, I caught part of this on the news.  He wants to stop touring to spend time with his family.  I think they said his boys will be 8 & 10 when the tour is over.