Esteemed Contributor

Re: For McCartney Fans - Ever Present Past

"I have no idea why his site sent that video out today," @Pearlee 

Doesn't really matter when it was made. I just thought since you like him so much you'd be interested in knowing, but the bottom line is--it's Paul-- so it's going to be good always.

I'm glad they sent it out today for whatever reason & that you posted it here. It was really fun to watch. Thanks for doing that. 

Honored Contributor

have been listening to his interview with Howard so interesting to hear about the music and when he and the Beatles started

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I looked around to see if I was missing what might be a remake of the video but then noticed @Witchy Woman 's comment about the lovely girls and the sneakers and realized this is the same one from at least a decade or more ago. There's no criticism from me on that at all. I love watching music videos both old and new and this one was definitely worth rewatching. I hope I'm still watching it another 10 years from now!

My main interest was whether there a new one out which I though would be odd since he just released McCartney III. But like Pearley says...he still looks the same. I mostly agree but there's also a video about the making of the video "Ever Past Present" and he does look younger in it. Even so, he still looks good!

Paul is very kind to Taylor. He talked in the interview about how they both would have been playing at the Glastonbury Festival earlier this year if it hadn't been for covid. He said he would have liked to invite her on stage to play together. We did get to see them on stage together on the SNL anniversary show but there were other people up there as well. I'd love to see them together--just the two of them.

Fun fact (not sure how fun it is, lol) but Paul's daughter Stella is a close friend of Taylor's which is probably one of the reasons they (P & T) get along so well. Stella collaborated on making merch for the "Lover" album and was included in the lyrics from the song "London Boy." 

they are very rich peers that's probably it and have talent that bridges generations 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen the video, but did see a new interview with Mr. McCartney on a news show last weekend.  He was discussing his new music and long career.  Anyway, what struck me is that waaay back in the early 60's, I was in junior high school and quite the Beatlemaniac.  I never even thought about the future and that I would ever be 71 and Mr. M would be, what?, 78?    Good grief.  Who knew 50+ years later that he would still be creating fabulous music and still be popular and important?

Ever Present Past is a great title!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I haven't seen the video, but did see a new interview with Mr. McCartney on a news show last weekend.  He was discussing his new music and long career.  Anyway, what struck me is that waaay back in the early 60's, I was in junior high school and quite the Beatlemaniac.  I never even thought about the future and that I would ever be 71 and Mr. M would be, what?, 78?    Good grief.  Who knew 50+ years later that he would still be creating fabulous music and still be popular and important?

Ever Present Past is a great title!

@tototwo. He probably didn't either! Just think of the lyrics to When I'm Sixty-Four!  

I agree that Ever Present Past is a great title.

Honored Contributor

The title Ever Present Past reminds me if a marvelous song on Paul's album New, which came out shortly after his "new" marriage to Nancy. My favorite track is Early  Days about his early days as a Beatle and how he kept from getting "crazed" (rhymes with "days" for the lyrics). If you've never heard it, take a listen on YouTube. It's a beautiful song, about how no one can ever take those early days away -- they will always be with him. I like that CD New.

Esteemed Contributor

"they are very rich peers that's probably it and have talent that bridges generations" @jackthebear 

@jackthebear

Absolutely, I agree. There are those times when a lone intriguing quality is sufficient to bring two people together, but there's often an entire medley of circumstances that draw people together as seems to be the case with Swift & McCartney. 

Valued Contributor

I Love his Carpool Karaoke with James Cordon on Youtube 

Heart