Honored Contributor

If you want something to watch

[ Edited ]

Animal Adventure Park in New York, home of world famous April the giraffe, has another female giraffe that's pregnant and they have a live stream going.  She should be pretty close to her due date. At least they're 99% sure she's pregnant. 

Go to You tube, search Animal Adventure Park and then click  on the Johari and Oliver cam.

They have the night light on now, but in the day it's bright in there.  

Something to do.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: If you want something to watch

If she goes into labor at night, they'll turn the lights on.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Thanks for posting. It's a little like watching paint dry, but that's what it's felt I've been doing most of 2020. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@gidgetgh  Thanks for posting. It's a little like watching paint dry, but that's what it's felt I've been doing most of 2020. LOL

@Shanus - it's easier in the day when the lights are on.  It's nice to see her interacting with her keepers.  

I'm not the giraffe whisperer or anything, but I think she's really close to delivering.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   Be sure to let us know when she delivers.

Contributor

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

They're having some camera issues this morning, but hopefully it will be back up soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

IF she is pregnant...  and I am starting to wonder.  The owner says Johari and Oliver (who is also the father of April's last 2 calves) "got together" in July of 2019.  Gestation for a giraffe is 15 months, meaning Johari should have delivered in October of 2020.  It is now the end of December. 

They do not have positive laboratory tests for pregnancy in Joh, but say she is exhibiting signs of pregnancy.  They control when the animals are together and have stated July of 2019.

I'm starting to feel people are being conned into watching and donating.  I watch but have not donated. 

I hope I am wrong, but if Joh has been pregnant since July of 2019, something is off.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick wrote:

IF she is pregnant...  and I am starting to wonder.  The owner says Johari and Oliver (who is also the father of April's last 2 calves) "got together" in July of 2019.  Gestation for a giraffe is 15 months, meaning Johari should have delivered in October of 2020.  It is now the end of December. 

They do not have positive laboratory tests for pregnancy in Joh, but say she is exhibiting signs of pregnancy.  They control when the animals are together and have stated July of 2019.

I'm starting to feel people are being conned into watching and donating.  I watch but have not donated. 

I hope I am wrong, but if Joh has been pregnant since July of 2019, something is off.

@MamaWick -have you seen the pictures of her up close? If she's not pregnant, then something is seriously wrong with her. But of course, that is possible. 

They're not trying to con anyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  yes, I have been watching and observing her belly.  With April, they would show pictures of the udders and wax caps that appear before birth, but I haven't seen any pictures like that of Joh.  Have I missed those?   Her belly moves as if there is a calf.  I truly do hope she gives birth to a healthy calf (and am hoping for a girl), but the timeline is way off, so I wonder.  Perhaps my use of the word conned was inaccurate. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix