Honored Contributor

For George Clooney Fans - Tonight!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0653589/

For George Clooney fans who get Hallmark's Movies and Mysteries Channel, at 11:00 pm ET, tonight's Murder She Wrote features a young George Clooney!  It's from 1987. I've seen this episode many times - OMG he looks different but cute as ever.  I figure maybe Angela L. was doing Clooney's Aunt Rosemary a favor casting her nephew.  

Worth staying up and watching if you've never seen it.  I remember when info first came out about Clooney's then-fiancee's impressive credentials, someone on TV was listing all of Amal's accomplishments and then said, "And George played Kip in Murder She Wrote."  Well, yes he did and this is the episode.

Respected Contributor

Re: For George Clooney Fans - Tonight!

I'll have to check that out.  Thanks!

I saw him on a late-night talk show a few months ago when quipped that all he'd done lately was make a movie while his wife was saving the world.  Refreshing to see a man lacking a huge ego & in awe of his wife's accomplishments.  

Honored Contributor

GC is one of those men who grew into their looks as they aged and he's a decent actor too.

Honored Contributor

I don't think there were any favors involved. He'd already established himself as an actor with recurring roles on E/R (The FIRST emergency room show he was on, in 1984) and The Facts of Life. He had also been a guest star on shows like Riptide, Hunter, and Hotel, among others. By 1987, he had been acting for nearly 10 years.

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

GC is one of those men who grew into their looks as they aged and he's a decent actor too.

I agree.  It's only been the last few years, and his last few movies that I've seen him as attractive and as a better than average actor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't think there were any favors involved. He'd already established himself as an actor with recurring roles on E/R (The FIRST emergency room show he was on, in 1984) and The Facts of Life. He had also been a guest star on shows like Riptide, Hunter, and Hotel, among others. By 1987, he had been acting for nearly 10 years.

I remember him guest-ing on Roseanne.  He was Booker or something like that, one of her coworkers at the factory.

So is anyone going to watch this?  It's a fun episode actually.

Respected Contributor

Yes, he was the boss at the factory where Rosanne &  Jackie worked.  There was a brief romance between Jackie & Booker.

I'll check in but probably won't watch all of it.  Ironically, a new series about an ER, Code Black, starts at the same time.  I was a die-hard ER fan when Clooney was on it.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I remember seeing him on an episode of the Golden Girls.

Honored Contributor

He played a very young cop on one episode of Golden Girls in 1987. He also had a recurring role on Sisters in 1993 playing a cop who was then killed off, he played the part of Sela Ward's hubby, Jim Falconer

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I remember the first ER, Elliott Gould was the real star of the show. I think Clooney was a young ambulance driver.