Respected Contributor

Paint and Sip... New Trend in Art and Entertainment???

While strolling through little stores  in a yuppy-like town last weekend, I came across a place called "Paint and Sip"..  It's a place where you bring your own wine and you work on painting your art pieces.  It's only open in the evening, so I imagine it's a also a place to unwind..or should I say ..you can "winedown"..lol    Who knows.. maybe some famous artist will be discovered!! Smiley Happy   Just thought I would share with you...as I had never seen a place like this.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Re: Paint and Sip... New Trend in Art and Entertainment???

This idea is starting to take off where I live, Northern Virginia, about 20 miles south of Washington, DC.  Some art places are doing it, I don't know if you bring your own wine or not, I've seen the ads but haven't really paid attention.  Wineries and wine shops are also starting to do this, but I'm sure it's "buy their wine" while you paint.  It's something I may try, get a group of my women friends together.  If wine is involved, I'm in!

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine in Baltimore did something like this last year for her birthday party for herself.  I've never been to such a party myself.

Honored Contributor

I've seen a couple of those types of places.  They're always crowded.

Trusted Contributor

The painting trend in my area is there is an assigned painting and an instructor will lead the class on how to paint it. All of the paint supplies including the canvas and paints are provided. There are beverages and munchies to buy while you paint. Some classes are held at permanent art studio locations or in local restaurants. I've done several different classes and really enjoy them! You don't have to be an artist to enjoy the experience. The instructor will help you along so you're happy with your painting that you take home.

Esteemed Contributor

We have an Arts Center in our small little town and they offer "Paint & Pour" Classes about once a month.  The classes normally fill up pretty fast.  I'm not a wine drinker nor can I draw a stick figure so it's not something I'm interested in.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

SO FUNNY! I saw one just yesterday in an upscale yet pretentious community nearby.

Can't think that my artwork could amount to much after a couple snorts of Chablis!?

Honored Contributor

this has been pretty popular around the baltimore area for about two years now. i also see it at the delmarva shores in the off season. it helps restaurants bring in some business during the slow season. i have mostly seen it at restaurants (where all ages can participate) although i do know that the companies do private parties.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

We have one of these places in Rochester NY, and Rochester NY is not what you'd call an entertainment capitol (although I love it).  So, if WE have it, lots of other places must as well.  I have not tried it, but hear it is pretty fun.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

i belong to a group of women who lunch and we're planning on doing this as part of our outing this month.  i was under the impression that they provided the wine, but i guess not.  at any rate, we all are looking forward to it.