Esteemed Contributor

I have been using  Magic Kitchen for 2 yrs now. All home cooked food , your choice of meals They can be heated in microwave or oven.

They have a very extensive menu choice and also  meals for people with medical

problems. All the meals  very tasty. I have never had a problem with this company  ever. 

They know me  by name and even remember that I cannot eat peppers..lol. You always

get the same CS rep when you call for any reason and you can add or subtract anything,anytime

you want ,with no problems you can order  on an on going basis ,like auto delivery (which I

do) or  however you want to and you can send meals as gifts too..Visit their

website .just type in Magic Kitchen  (I can't post their link) They got my food to me on

time all through this awful snowy winter.

I do not find them expensive at all

Respected Contributor

If I know we're going to be super busy I order from Green Chef. Ingredients are organic and they use wild-caught seafood and grass fed meats. Some meals have been really good and some have been so-so. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: Food Delivery Services

[ Edited ]

I looked up Hello Fresh and do they only provide the herbs and veggies? No meat included for like $9-11+/meal a person? wow. (or am I mistaken) Looks like Green Chef has meat/seafood.  

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I looked up Hello Fresh and do they only provide the herbs and veggies? No meat included for like $9-11+/meal a person? wow. (or am I mistaken) Looks like Green Chef has meat/seafood.  

missy1, they have meat included.  They all do if I'm not mistaken unless it's vegeatarian.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

I know microwave tv dinners have improve immensely over the years, that could be a thought as well.

No, debc, I have time on my hands to do things I enjoy which used to be cooking before I got so tired from working.  When I was younger, it didn't matter.  Baking, especially, used to be my middle name.  Now that I'm retired, I'm hoping to rekindle the cooking experience.  Noy necessarily baking...I have too much of a sweet tooth, lol.  I just don't like looking for ingredients unless I know they're all at one store.  Also, not great at being creative with menus.

You might be surprised at how many fresh ingredients are wasted cooking just for two.  These delivery services only give you the amount you need for the recipe at hand.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

We have been getting Blue Apron for a few weeks. Really like everything about it. The produce and meat is always fresh. And they give you everything you need for each meal.

Have been pleased with every meal so far. Some things we liked so much, we tried to make it ourselves. Not nearly as good as Blue Apron. Well worth it. It becomes a family project and every meal takes about 1/2 an hour. And most are about 500 calories. Didn't think I would like the service/meals as much as I do.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla

Hmmm, why do you think the recipe came out differently when you tried to duplicate it?  Did you find the exact spices?  I was going to do the same thing....save recipe cards and duplicate.

Respected Contributor

Sounds great,  let us know how you like it. 

Heart

Contributor

We just started blue apron and are very pleased. DH actually ate spinach tonight and liked it!  

Posting from my kindle fire, so keeping this short.  Try it.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@debc wrote:

I know microwave tv dinners have improve immensely over the years, that could be a thought as well.

No, debc, I have time on my hands to do things I enjoy which used to be cooking before I got so tired from working.  When I was younger, it didn't matter.  Baking, especially, used to be my middle name.  Now that I'm retired, I'm hoping to rekindle the cooking experience.  Noy necessarily baking...I have too much of a sweet tooth, lol.  I just don't like looking for ingredients unless I know they're all at one store.  Also, not great at being creative with menus.

You might be surprised at how many fresh ingredients are wasted cooking just for two.  These delivery services only give you the amount you need for the recipe at hand.

I cook for 2 as well.  Maybe for 4 since we generally have leftovers.  I consider that a bonus.

LOL, I told my husband he was going to do the cooking when he retired.  Since he can't boil water, maybe he'll never retire.  Smiley Happy

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*