Honored Contributor

@jackiew wrote:

We just started blue apron and are very pleased. DH actually ate spinach tonight and liked it!  

Posting from my kindle fire, so keeping this short.  Try it.

At some point, I'm going to try Blue Apron as well as others.  I think that's the only way to know which one is a good fit.  Of course, if hubby doesn't like any of them, I'll probably not keep it up.  I'm not cooking two different meals a day, lol.  He tends to like junk food from fast food places more than I do.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
New Contributor

The microwave dinner comment someone posted is just ridiculous-

Comments on these services being overpriced are a fair callout, but as with everything, you pay a premium for convenience-period. 

You will never know if you like, if you don't give it a try.  We have tried Plated as well, but have gone back to Hello Fresh. 

Honored Contributor

Since seeing this thread, i started looking at the ones mentioned, magic kitchen ,was going to charge me ,$25.00 shipping, are there any free shipping codes?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@onyx2011 wrote:

The microwave dinner comment someone posted is just ridiculous-

Comments on these services being overpriced are a fair callout, but as with everything, you pay a premium for convenience-period. 

You will never know if you like, if you don't give it a try.  We have tried Plated as well, but have gone back to Hello Fresh. 

LOL, why?    I know people who like them a lot more than meals on wheels and that's what they eat.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I've been using Blue Apron for about three months now and cannot praise it enough!  I decided to do it solely for the adventure.  I don't even check ahead of time what my meals are going to be.....I wait for my weekly delivery. 

I have had foods that I never would have tried on my own.  Every single dish has been deliscious!  Even recipes that I looked at and thought I wasn't going to like it have turned out to be a delightful surprise.

One thing you should know is that these meals are not a short cut, by any means.  You prepare the entire meal from scratch.  The convenience is that you don't have to shop for the ingredients, and that everything is pre-measured.

The recipes are very easy to follow!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I have been using  Magic Kitchen for 2 yrs now. All home cooked food , your choice of meals They can be heated in microwave or oven.

They have a very extensive menu choice and also  meals for people with medical

problems. All the meals  very tasty. I have never had a problem with this company  ever. 

They know me  by name and even remember that I cannot eat peppers..lol. You always

get the same CS rep when you call for any reason and you can add or subtract anything,anytime

you want ,with no problems you can order  on an on going basis ,like auto delivery (which I

do) or  however you want to and you can send meals as gifts too..Visit their

website .just type in Magic Kitchen  (I can't post their link) They got my food to me on

time all through this awful snowy winter.

I do not find them expensive at all

Maltese, I looked at the menu on that website and it seems like hardly any veggie in those meals...a lot of carbs.  Thanks for the info, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

This has all been very informative, I also have been curios about the services.  I do not know anyone who actually used them. This has made me want to try a couple of them.  There are only 2 of us and cooking for two is tough...and lately boring.  this will help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Delivery Services

[ Edited ]

@stazgirl wrote:

This has all been very informative, I also have been curios about the services.  I do not know anyone who actually used them. This has made me want to try a couple of them.  There are only 2 of us and cooking for two is tough...and lately boring.  this will help.

stazgirl, I'm going to report back after I cook my first meal from HelloFresh.  (After September 1st) I'm also going to try another vendor whenever I see another discount coupon to use.  I tried to get into Blue Apron yesterday but I made a mistake that I couldn't see how to change so since I hadn't given my credit card info yet, I just left the site.  

Blue Apron and Home Chef are both interesting to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food Delivery Services

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Since seeing this thread, i started looking at the ones mentioned, magic kitchen ,was going to charge me ,$25.00 shipping, are there any free shipping codes?

I do not pay shipping for Magic Kitchen. If you get auto delivery they do not charge shipping. You can add /subtract / switch around or cancel anytime

i get the vegetarian meals and most all my meals are veggies.

Honored Contributor

We were thinking it was because they used a rice vinegar and I forgot the type of oil. So the salad was light and tasty. Plus we used a red onion instead of the onions they provided. I guess if we followed the recipe to the letter it would have been different.

BUT then we would have to go out and buy rice vinegar and a special oil. And then have a bottle of rice vinegar and anothe bottle of oil sitting on the shelf - and who knows if we would ever use it again.