Honored Contributor

Florida Numbers as of June 16

[ Edited ]

661DCF33-9B8C-440B-91AF-5FF828666A79.pngB205BEFC-2BC5-4FAF-A653-D16EA2A74857.png8F8EC668-04C1-475C-999E-4CD6E00161C0.png1B6D4F69-63D4-49AA-9E0E-8A6E1ED73150.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Florida Numbers as of June 16

27482ABE-1EF0-48CF-8B77-91D03849AC99.png

Honored Contributor

073CC587-90B2-42CA-90FF-05D6B3E27754.png

Esteemed Contributor

Our numbers in SC were doing okay until the week before Memorial Day weekend. Now, numbers are in the hundreds every day and Myrtle Beach (among other cities) have been declared "hot spots".

Once they opened things up people arrived in droves because most of them were still under lockdown. 

Some restaurants that reopened, are closed again because employees have tested positive

I have observed very little social distancing or mask wearing. It is out of control in my area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

Our numbers in SC were doing okay until the week before Memorial Day weekend. Now, numbers are in the hundreds every day and Myrtle Beach (among other cities) have been declared "hot spots".

Once they opened things up people arrived in droves because most of them were still under lockdown. 

Some restaurants that reopened, are closed again because employees have tested positive

I have observed very little social distancing or mask wearing. It is out of control in my area.

@riley1 @Hi there. I just posted state by state comparisons. I could post S.C. County by county. When it comes to this virus, some places have low new case counts, some have high news case counts. I find it helpful to be realistic and to keep track. Lots of people are ostriches. If that comforts them, then let that be their way. For some, it's not that they prefer to be ostriches, they just have not had the opportunity to see the numbers laid out in writing and graphs to help them interpret trends in this situation. Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D - I check the numbers in my state - especially in my area daily. Also, I check NY which is where my daughter lives with my 3 grands. And, she still has to go to work.

Trusted Contributor

The county we are moving to has the same numbers as where we are in MD/DC. I asked DH (who is there now) what's going on and he said that area of our home, everyone is in masks and often gloves. However, in Tampa (where he works), no one he has seen is doing anything. Neighbors think that Tampa is seeing higher numbers due to the International Airport that is located there (same with BWI and Dullas in my area) as people fly in and out for the beaches/Disney, etc. Community pools are not opening so unless you have a private pool, no pools. Schools have no plans to open as of now either.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

The county we are moving to has the same numbers as where we are in MD/DC. I asked DH (who is there now) what's going on and he said that area of our home, everyone is in masks and often gloves. However, in Tampa (where he works), no one he has seen is doing anything. Neighbors think that Tampa is seeing higher numbers due to the International Airport that is located there (same with BWI and Dullas in my area) as people fly in and out for the beaches/Disney, etc. Community pools are not opening so unless you have a private pool, no pools. Schools have no plans to open as of now either.

@FiddleDeeDee @One key reason for Tampas's stats is that their beaches were open and packed on a Memorial Day while MD AND BC beaches didn't open until after Memorial Day weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@Mindy D - I check the numbers in my state - especially in my area daily. Also, I check NY which is where my daughter lives with my 3 grands. And, she still has to go to work.

@riley1 New York is in a class by themselves. Very sadly, my cousin, a teacher living in  Staten Island, passed away from the virus. She also infected her husband. She was working from home but was asked to come in for a meeting. The teacher seated beside her was sick and gave her the virus. Her husband, my cousin, has recovered. Their teen kids did not contract the virus. 

Esteemed Contributor

@usffan - That was @Mindy D relative.