Respected Contributor

Re: Flash Light Season Kick Off

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

I downloaded for free a flashlight app on my phone. It is so bright.

And how long before your battery goes dead on your phone?  Without power, you can't charge your phone. 

Great point LipstickDiva. I have a flashlight app as well but really that is used in emergency's not as a duration. And if your whole area is without power that charged cell phone battery becomes a sacred tool.

I have several flashlights and lanterns as well as other assorted power outage means of illumination.

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Oh, you sillies.  You need the flashlights to find your preparedness food kits offered in their Preparedness Event, when something bad happens.  Have to plan ahead, you know?

I saw the presentation on that food last night, and it looked so unappetizing I about gaged just watching it.  The vendor said it was "gourmet" and I was thinking, "you are such a liar".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a Townhouse.  I have this lantern that is perfect for lighting up an entire room.  I carry it around with me as needed, great for the bathroom as I can put it down on the counter and it lights up the whole room.

Langern

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Focus-Lantern-50L/34761221

These are rechargeable flashlights that you leave in your power outlet all the time.  When the power goes out, the lights pop on.  I have 4 on every floor, so no matter where I am when the power goes out, the house is still lit well.  I will then go around and turn most of them off and use the lantern and maybe one in the wall so that they all stay charged in case I need them for a period of time.

Plug

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-RCL1NM2WR-Energizer-Weather-Ready-Rechargeable-LED/10233059

I have a calendar reminder for every 6 months I change the batteries in my smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms and the lantern.  This way I'm always set.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

When the power went out here about a month ago, it took me a second to realize it because the lighting didn't change and my computer was still on.  I thought something happened to the tv for a second.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I think this thread was meant to be a light hearted thread about "flashlight season" on the Q.  Every year they kick off the Christmas junk season with some new version of a flashlight that we can't live without.

Some of you need to download a sense of humor.

Super Contributor

LOL...I noticed flashlight season kickoff too. Ah, yes, time to start Christmas shopping and dig out the winter duds.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Let this be a warning folks...get those gift closets in order so you'll be ready for the new flood of "imported" goodies with which you'll want to fill it.

Oh no, no, no... I can't believe some of you are still getting by with a gift closet, or, gasp, even a drawer... Nosiree... the hosts with the mosts convinced me some time ago of the value of having flashlights, heel scrapers, blenders, and so on (and on... and on...) galore on hand in case someone unexpectedly drops in with a gift. And then, of course, there are ALL those you just KNOW you need to have a gift on-hand for... (I'm sure that litany will be starting very soon...), and, as a result, I commissioned a local construction company to add a wing. Yes, now the gift 'annex' as I call it, is fully stocked all the time... It's all part of, uh, preparedness... and, of course, part and parcel of being a valued customer...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Please don't tell me that they have started this back up already.  Between the flashlights and the flashpad. I don't know which is worse.

The Flashpad is worse. Flashlights don't beep and are useful in an emergency. I can think of no instance where I would have need of a Flashpad.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think this thread was meant to be a light hearted thread about "flashlight season" on the Q.  Every year they kick off the Christmas junk season with some new version of a flashlight that we can't live without.

Some of you need to download a sense of humor.

HSN isn't in Christmas mode yet and the the flashlight shown was being shown on that channel.  It was being presented more for losing power in an emergency situation and given that it's full blown hurricane season, I'm guessing that's why they thought it was a good time of the year to present this.  Just like that nasty food they had as a TS yesterday. 

I'm sure before long, QVC will be repeatedly showing the set of 5 flashlights.       

Honored Contributor

LOL, Stevie; the "gift wing." rolling on the floor