Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@NickNack, chiming in here.  I love LLBean flannel sheets.  Here is what I do.  I love cotton percale, the old good kind that are so hard to find.  I also love flannel.  In our winter, I use an LLBean flat flannel and a cotton percale fitted sheet.  I can't stand flannel on pillow cases so I use percale there as well.  Love it!  Not too hot but still very cozy.

I have Costco flannel which are supposed to be good ... made in Portugal ... but I haven't used them yet.  LLBean gets softer and softer after washing.  Love!!!  

Good luck!  LM

That's a great suggestion @Lilysmom.  I wish you could buy the sheets separately at LLBean, but you have to buy the set.  I had thought I wouldn't use the pillow cases.  I don't think I'd like them at all.  I think I'll try it with just the flannel sheet on top and see what I think.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

EdithEllenLily wrote, in part:  ". . . 

In case you want to comparison shop, here were the other places to look for flannel sheets:

• LL Bean
  • Lands' End
  • Plow & Hearth
  • Vermont Country Store
  • Bed Bath & Beyond
  • Garnet Hill
  • Pottery Barn
  • Macy's - Martha Stewart Luxury Flannel (they are on sale)"

We will be switching to flannel soon, and will use it exclusively until late Spring.  Thank you, @EdithEllenLily, for mentioning this sale.  After confirming these are made in Portugal (the source for best flannel), I ordered a set to replenish our supply.   

FWIW, if anyone uses Ebates(dot)com, they can get an additional 20% off (using promo code STYLE), and a Columbus Day only 6% cash rebate, so, with free shipping, it's a nice chunk o' savings.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I have slept on flannel sheets in the winter since I was a small child but about five years ago I bought a set of fleece sheets at Costco and there is no turning back.  They are so warm and cozy I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning!

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, you can buy the sheets separately at the store.  If you ever get to Freeport, check out the Outlet Store for LLBean.  Some times you can find single sheets there.  Did you look online?  LM

Honored Contributor

@NickNack, You can buy the sheets separately.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@LilysmomI am about a hour and half from freeport,love it there.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I used to swear by Lands End flannel, and would sometimes use them all summer, but they stopped carrying waterbed sheets, then I stopped having a waterbed, and just stuck with North Nights cotton year-round.

Have gotten NN flannel for the kids in years past, but they just weren't the same as LE.

Can't swear as to LE quality today. Things change.

Honored Contributor

I just use a (100% cotton) flannel flat sheet as a layer or as a blanket.

Honored Contributor

Re: Flannel sheets

[ Edited ]

You can buy separate 100% cotton flannel sheets and pillowcases at The Company Store, Overstock, Amazon, and Ebay.  

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@NickNack, you can buy the sheets separately at the store.  If you ever get to Freeport, check out the Outlet Store for LLBean.  Some times you can find single sheets there.  Did you look online?  LM

@Lilysmom  Yes, I'm looking online.  I just checked again, and I was looking at the premium flannel sheets.  They have some called Ultrasoft Comfort that you can order separately.  I think I will just order the top sheet like you suggested and see how that goes.  Thank you for pointing out that I could buy them separately there.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau