Respected Contributor

First time I've ever been upset with Amazon-Ever.

I ordered something at regular price and it was Prime.  They were the seller.  The day before I received the item it went on sale for $30 less.  I called them and they would not give me the $30 credit.  She said they don't "price match".  She talked to someone else twice and couldn't get permission to give me the credit.

She told me to order at the sale price and send the 1st one back for credit.  I told her that was really dumb on their part since they were going to lose shipping the sale priced one and paying shipping to get the higher priced one back.  She agreed with me and said "sorry".

That is the dumbest thing ever!  I got my regular priced item yesterday.  I'm getting the sale priced one tomorrow.  I will send one back and use the label for the regular priced item.

Again, DUMB!  Plus I'm out returning one of the packages.  I will do a return for $30 though!

Honored Contributor

Re: First time I've ever been upset with Amazon-Ever.

This has happened to me too.

Esteemed Contributor

That's the one downside with Amazon- they don't price match. I've had that happen a couple times- but jsut a small amount. $30 is a big difference!

Esteemed Contributor

Funny, if I have a dog item that I get every month and the price goes up or down, they adjust it.  They also let me know before it is shipped.  I have not had a problem yet.  Once I was unhappy about something and they credit me the whole price of item and told me it was on them for being a good customer.  The Q never this this in 25 years.

Honored Contributor

It's silly but in the end you got the lower price. It's inconvenient and costs the company more but with all their perks, I'm okay with dealing with a few idiosyncrasies. 

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't even consider this to be "price matching."  To me, price matching is when you go to Amazon and say, "Target is selling this for $30 less, so you should sell it to me for that price." Not, "I bought this 3 days ago and yesterday you dropped the price $30." 

I'd return it and rebuy too.  I agree it's very stupid and shortsighted of them!

Honored Contributor

@mima   If you don't open the first one, you can mark it "return to sender" and give it back to UPS or the USPS and not have to pay return postage. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mima   If you don't open the first one, you can mark it "return to sender" and give it back to UPS or the USPS and not have to pay return postage. 

I was going to use the return label that you print off.  I thought it was free to send back using that label.  

If not, I will do what you said.  I did not open the first one yet, the regular priced one!  Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

That's the one downside with Amazon- they don't price match. I've had that happen a couple times- but jsut a small amount. $30 is a big difference!

@Ibby114,Good to know.  I order from them a lot.

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

I wouldn't even consider this to be "price matching."  To me, price matching is when you go to Amazon and say, "Target is selling this for $30 less, so you should sell it to me for that price." Not, "I bought this 3 days ago and yesterday you dropped the price $30." 

I'd return it and rebuy too.  I agree it's very stupid and shortsighted of them!

I agree with you.  It isn't price matching.  She kept saying that though.  I guess they can't figure out that it is costing them money to do it that way.