Esteemed Contributor

Re: First time I've ever been upset with Amazon-Ever.

@mima

Try another CS rep

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@mima

Try another CS rep

That may have worked.  Too late now, since my 2nd one is on it's way.  LOL  Oh well.....next time I will.

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

It's silly but in the end you got the lower price. It's inconvenient and costs the company more but with all their perks, I'm okay with dealing with a few idiosyncrasies. 

Exactly how I feel

Honored Contributor

It may be "dumb", but their CS provided you a suggestion so you could indeed save the $30 and not be out of pocket. The only thing you have to do is drop a package off at the PO (if you even have to do that),

For me, that'd be a shrug of the shoulder and a "okay, if that's how they handle it" and a move on. None of it is costing you any money.

I have had a similar situation in the past (years ago) for the same amount of money, and I was refunded the difference. But they may not do it at all any more - or the person you spoke to wasn't completely trained, or for whatever reason she didn't "get" what you were telling her. As far as I know, they will only ever do that for a customer once.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mima   If you don't open the first one, you can mark it "return to sender" and give it back to UPS or the USPS and not have to pay return postage. 

I was going to use the return label that you print off.  I thought it was free to send back using that label.  

If not, I will do what you said.  I did not open the first one yet, the regular priced one!  Thank you!!!

@mima  Usually, amazon won;t pay for return unless the item is defective/damaged, unless this specific time you were told they would pay due to not being able to credit you.

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

I wouldn't even consider this to be "price matching."  To me, price matching is when you go to Amazon and say, "Target is selling this for $30 less, so you should sell it to me for that price." Not, "I bought this 3 days ago and yesterday you dropped the price $30." 

I'd return it and rebuy too.  I agree it's very stupid and shortsighted of them!

I agree with you.  It isn't price matching.  She kept saying that though.  I guess they can't figure out that it is costing them money to do it that way.

Well, it's costing them money on this transaction, but I'm sure it's not costing them money overall (when you factor in everyone who doesn't notice the price difference and/or won't bother with the extra steps to get the lower price).  If it were, that wouldn't be their policy. Cat Wink

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

It may be "dumb", but their CS provided you a suggestion so you could indeed save the $30 and not be out of pocket. The only thing you have to do is drop a package off at the PO (if you even have to do that),

For me, that'd be a shrug of the shoulder and a "okay, if that's how they handle it" and a move on. None of it is costing you any money.

I have had a similar situation in the past (years ago) for the same amount of money, and I was refunded the difference. But they may not do it at all any more - or the person you spoke to wasn't completely trained, or for whatever reason she didn't "get" what you were telling her. As far as I know, they will only ever do that for a customer once.

@Moonchilde That's a really good point, and one I had not considered.  This CS rep was extremely helpful within the rules that the company has set.  She certainly didn't have to offer a solution that would end up costing them money.  Most people would have come up with that solution themselves anyway.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde That's a really good point, and one I had not considered.  This CS rep was extremely helpful within the rules that the company has set.  She certainly didn't have to offer a solution that would end up costing them money.  Most people would have come up with that solution themselves anyway.

@WenGirl42, the thing that has always impressed me about Amazon's CS, including their overseas CS, is that Amazon gives them sometimes fairly amazing latitude as far as what they can do for a customer, and in general they're much better trained than most CS. They are not a read-canned-responses-from-the-script CS, and I like that. They do what they're able, and are actually happy if they can resolce your issue or make you happy(ier).

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@WenGirl42, the thing that has always impressed me about Amazon's CS, including their overseas CS, is that Amazon gives them sometimes fairly amazing latitude as far as what they can do for a customer, and in general they're much better trained than most CS. They are not a read-canned-responses-from-the-script CS, and I like that. They do what they're able, and are actually happy if they can resolce your issue or make you happy(ier).

@Moonchilde In general, yes, that has been my experience as well.  I did have an experience earlier this year where I was caught between 3 "read-canned-responses-from-the-script"-type reps who kept telling me contradictory things based on their misinterpretation of my situation.  I was eventually able to resolve things to my satisfaction, but from all the times Amazon has bent over backwards to give me more than I asked for or expected, I was surprised that, in an instance where they truly mishandled something and caused me frustration, they didn't even offer any sort of apology, let alone any kind of conciliatory gesture. 

Respected Contributor

In a case like this, I think a Live Chat would have been good.  The outcome would probably be the same, but you would have the exchange documented.

You never know, when you might need proof of something.