Honored Contributor

Re: First time I've ever been upset with Amazon-Ever.

@WenGirl42, I try to do phone with them. I have had some recent WT* cluelessness in email communication, where they assume what the issue is without actually reading what you wrote in its entirety. And it was annoying. They aren't perfect, but still over the years, pretty darn good all-told.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Unless it's a free returns item, as some shoes and purses are, I think you're going to get dinged for the postage for the return. 

When I've returned things that aren't damaged, they deduct the return shipping from my refund. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

That's the one downside with Amazon- they don't price match. I've had that happen a couple times- but jsut a small amount. $30 is a big difference!

@Ibby114,Good to know.  I order from them a lot.

By 'price match' I meant adjust their price with a credit if your purchase goes down in price within a set timeframe.  Although they don't price match (from other retailers, online or not) as well!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I had a bad experience with Amazon recently. I ordered a book from "Full Harvest"  ( a third party vendor) through them. They said it was coming and then said no it wasn't available and refunded my money.

My order status showed delivered...it was not. This whole time the very

same book is being shown for sale at $3.00 more.

Grrr.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is odd. I have emailed and been refunded the difference. I never call. I have did it a handful of times. I know I did it on their items like Kindles and the Echo even the Fire Stick when they went onsale shortly after I ordered them and received them.

One time I complained that they offer sales on their Prime Memberships but long-term customers automatically renew and get offereed nothing. Especially around the holidays. They refunded me $25. Another time they offered their Unlimited Kindles for $7.50 a month and I asked how come that wasn't good for long term customers and was given the price.

I never call though. I always email and have always had it resolved in my favor.

Respected Contributor

This is a big deal because?  It costs you nothing to return an item to AMazon.  Rules may seem stupid to you, but in the end you're out nothing and get to save $30.  

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I had a bad experience with Amazon recently. I ordered a book from "Full Harvest"  ( a third party vendor) through them. They said it was coming and then said no it wasn't available and refunded my money.

My order status showed delivered...it was not. This whole time the very

same book is being shown for sale at $3.00 more.

Grrr.

That's down to the third-party dealer. I try not to use them, but sometimes you have to.

I would let Amazon US CS know that they took your $$, then canceled your order & refunded your $$, but then also re-listed the same item for $3 more.

I'd tell them "I just thought Amazon should know the vendor is doing this." If they get similar complaints from others about the same issue they might slap the vendor's hand or kick them out.

Since it's a book, though - if it's a used/hard-to-find books, the seller might have sold an only copy and not immediately been aware of it, and the available copy might be from another seller.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mima

For shoes, usually it is free returns.

But, for instance:

If say, Easy Spirit is having a sale on their site,

Amazon's price does not immediately follow.

In this case, I would order from the manufacturer's site.

Only upon rare occasion have I needed to pay return $.

When I talk to their chat, once in the past two months I got a "person" who gave me a "canned" response. This was a surprise. The person also had a humongous series of questions... and  allowed me to keep the item to donate or toss.

They only have to look at the volume I order to know that senseless questioning would result in their loss.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mima   If you don't open the first one, you can mark it "return to sender" and give it back to UPS or the USPS and not have to pay return postage. 

I was going to use the return label that you print off.  I thought it was free to send back using that label.  

If not, I will do what you said.  I did not open the first one yet, the regular priced one!  Thank you!!!

The package you received is tracked and marked as delivered, most likely. Would a refused package get back in the system? If not, there's no proof of anything except the item was received.

Honored Contributor

If the seller on Amazon told you to just buy a new one and return the first one, on their dime, just do it! I wouldn't be upset, just drop it in the mail and be happy you got it $30 cheaper. 

"Pure Michigan"