Honored Contributor

Re: Filthy Ash Filled Air In Seattle

I think you mean Maple Valley--never heard of Maple Falls--yes there has been many days of above average hot temps however, more dryness than usual.

Honored Contributor

Today is a little better but yesterday was the worse I've seen---I lived in Redmond when Mt St Helens erupted and got a fair amount of ash at my house then. Today the smell  is better too; the sun was a bright orange this a.m. and that eerie orangy light shining now. The air should be back to normal by Saturday--a few days of rain would be great altho I hear that it may be only showers.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I think you mean Maple Valley--never heard of Maple Falls--yes there has been many days of above average hot temps however, more dryness than usual.

@wagirl

No ... it's Maple Falls.  I've never been there (we used to work together in SF).  Acording to Wiki ... it's located:

...on the Mount Baker Highway, east of Bellingham, three miles east of the junction of Kendall and State Route 547 which connects with a low pass on the northwest flank of the Sumas Mountain to Sumas and the border crossing to Abbotsford, British Columbia.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl

No ... it's Maple Falls.  I've never been there (we used to work together in SF).  Acording to Wiki ... it's located:

...on the Mount Baker Highway, east of Bellingham, three miles east of the junction of Kendall and State Route 547 which connects with a low pass on the northwest flank of the Sumas Mountain to Sumas and the border crossing to Abbotsford, British Columbia.

I've lived in this state all my life. East side of the state and west side of the state. There are still many, many places here that I haven't visited. I've crossed the border to Canada in several different places, but it is a huge border.  The one closest to Seattle would be Maple Valley, but Maple Falls is definitely within fire range to the north.

Honored Contributor

I stand corrected!!  ;-)