Honored Contributor

Re: Filthy Ash Filled Air In Seattle

@SeaMaiden I live close to you and have been experiencing the same.We even had the smoke from Canadian fires while on vacation in Canada.I feel like my lungs are permanently congested and my nose runs continuously.I am really looking forward to rain. The summer has been the worst for fires that I can remember.I hope we all get cooler temp and lots of rain to put out the fires soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I am in the same boat as you.

I have NEVER seen the air quality this poor before.

It's a little bit better for us today in Northern California, as there is a slight breeze coming in off of the ocean, but there is still a brown haze to the air.

Have you thought about getting and using a mask?

Just limit your outdoor activities, and if you drive anywhete, keep your windows rolled up, and set the air on recirculate.

Respected Contributor

Had no idea, the news reports the fires but never about any ash or poor air quality, that's pretty bad to breathe that. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in Woodinville and it looks like snow around here! And so bloody hot and humid to boot! Reminds me of when Mt St Helens blew up--got ash then too. And really smells smoky. Can I just say that I am ready for some rain!!!???? Then wait til winter and we all will be complaining about that too!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl

I am with you.  Where is our rain!  My lawn is brown, plants are drooping.  It has been too hot to enjoy the patio.  

Frequent Contributor

We just got back from Costco and it was lightly "raining" ash. My throat is very scratchy. It's very similar to when we got a light dusting of ash while Mt. Saint Helens was erupting. I feel so badly for the firefighters who have to breathe this junk 24/7! My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Valued Contributor

I'm in southeast King County and it's still raining ash - all outdoor activities are cancelled in my school district for today and tomorrow.  I ran to Starbucks at lunch and my car was covered in ash.  Our school does NOT have AC and it's 89 out, can't open windows.  I'm anxious to get home! 

Honored Contributor

It's hazy all the way down here in Albuquerque due to your fires in the Northwest, although I've seen no ash.  We have enough dust of our own without importing it. 

Luckily we've had a good monsoon season so fires here and in Arizona have been minimal this year. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Smoke here in SW CO too. Our view on the LaPlata mountains was completely blocked because of the smoke. DW

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 We had good monsoons in July but scattered in august. 

Now in September it's been scattered too.  Anything helps. DW