Honored Contributor

Filthy Ash Filled Air In Seattle

I have never seen such horrible air quality in the Seattle area!  Everything out side has a layer of ash from the fires going on all around us.  The air smells like smoke...the sun is practically blocked from the haze of smoke and ash in the air.  Hard to breath outside. It is going to be close to 90 degrees again today. Just dry, hot and filthy air.  Thank goodness a marine push is coming in  from the coast over the next  few days and it will cool things down and hopefully improve the air quality.  What we need here is RAIN...it has been a very dry hot summer for us.   

Not complaining....just stating the facts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Filthy Ash Filled Air In Seattle

My eyes are stinging even though I'm outside only briefly.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy  I just went to the mail box and  could not wait to get back inside. The air is so filthy!  I feel sorry for those with breathing problems. It is bad with normal lungs!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tansy  I just went to the mail box and  could not wait to get back inside. The air is so filthy!  I feel sorry for those with breathing problems. It is bad with normal lungs!

I agree.  I haven't walked the dog for a few days -- just in and out to potty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you all are having to deal with this.  I live a little over an hour away from Gatlinburg, TN, and when they had the fires last year we could smell the smoke.  It was so horrible for those people.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I hope all of you find relief soon! 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

How horrible to not be able to breathe when you go outside, ladies. I hate to go out and smell smoke, and the smoke I have been smelling is nothing compared to what you all are dealing with....and heaven forbid anyone have any breathing issues, like asthma or emphysema. Praying all those fires go out soon.

Honored Contributor

My thoughts are with you all and I hope there's relief soon!

Honored Contributor

I hope rain comes soon.  I always thought your area was rainy but weather is changing everywhere.  Stay safe.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had to make a grocery store run this morning.  It was not pleasant!   It is trash day so now I need to put the trash cans away.

My car was covered in ash this morning.